View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 06:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
BoldWater
L I V I N - Livin

Everglades Fishing Information

I had a really good time in the Everglades and would like to plan some more trips down there. It seems like the fishing possibilities in the Everglades are endless.

I would like to start a thread containing all the information we picked up on TribNwaters group trip down to Flamingo.

Information such as bait, flies, tackle used for what species.

Areas fished, no specific spots but general locations, tides, depths.

Navigational hazards.

Jason (JRH) handled most of the camp site logistics, I think this would be good information to pass on.

Everglades National Park, Florida
Everglades National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Everglades National Park is the largest subtropical wilderness in the United States. The area boasts rare and endangered species, such as the American crocodile, Florida panther, and West Indian manatee. It has been designated an International Biosphere Reserve, a World Heritage Site, and a Wetland of International Importance, in recognition of its significance to all the people of the world.

Directions to the Flamingo Visitor Center
Flamingo, Florida

Visitors coming from the Miami area and points north should take the Florida Turnpike (Route 821) south until it ends, merging with U.S. 1 at Florida City. Turn right at the first traffic light onto Palm Drive (State Road 9336/SW 344th St.) and follow the signs to the park.
Visitors driving north from the Florida Keys should turn left on Palm Drive in Florida City and follow the signs to the park.

The Flamingo Visitor Center lies roughly 38 miles south of the park entrance. Visitors should expect to drive about an hour before arriving at Flamingo.

Amenities
The Flamingo Visitor Center offers educational displays, informational brochures, and backcountry permits.

Campground facilities and a public boat ramp are located nearby.
There are several hiking and canoeing trails in the area.

Restrooms are available.

Hours of Operations
Mid-November to Mid-April: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Summer hours are intermittent.
Visitors are encouraged to call for the latest information.
Hours subject to change.

Contact
239-695-2945
BoldWater is offline   Reply With Quote