TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > TribeNwater Boats > Chittum Skiffs

Chittum Skiffs Thread, Chittum at it again. in TribeNwater Boats; Get readys guys Hal is at it again. The newest creation in skiffs from the mind that brought you Hells ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2008, 08:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

Chittum at it again.

Get readys guys Hal is at it again. The newest creation in skiffs from the mind that brought you Hells Bay is about to bring out the newest creation. Imagine a boat that is 20% more stable than the Waterman, rides beter than the Marquesa and drafts as shallow as a stripped out 16 Whipray and above this is unbelievably more quiet and easier to pole and you will have the newest skiff from Hal Chittum. The boat will be significally faster also than his previous boats too. Mine is already on order and the first ones should be showing up soon. He has been testing this thing for a long time and iin his words " If I had a magic wand to wave and change something about the boat I couldnt do it." Ive got to see the test hull and it is awesome. So much more thought into this one and everything you can imagine in it. Keep an eye out this is going to change the industry again..
flatbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:56 AM   #2 (permalink)

Been hearing about this for a long time now....hope we see a skiff soon!?!
Capt Billy Rotne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:13 AM   #3 (permalink)

Skiff soon

He has the boat in the Keys he says for a final shake down. ( I know he is chasing those first week of July big Tarpon there.) Then he said he will be ready to cut the mold and boats should be coming out soon there after. I can not wait for mine. Think I am going to put a high thrust Yamaha 60 on it. On paper the estimated speed should be in the low to mid 40's. That is before i put a custm prop on it so hopefully I can get a few more out of her but still will draft 5" or less loaded. Im going down to fish out of the prototype in a week or so so will let you know more about it then..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Billy Rotne View Post
Been hearing about this for a long time now....hope we see a skiff soon!?!
Old 07-02-2008, 09:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

Is there a website or pics? Sounds interesting.
IRLyRiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
mwk
Banned

This is a HB boat?
mwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:16 AM   #6 (permalink)

The website is not done as of yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRLyRiser View Post
Is there a website or pics? Sounds interesting.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:17 AM   #7 (permalink)

HB Boat?

No not a HB.. He is bringing it out under the Chittum Yacht Company name I beleive... That was the last he told me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwk View Post
This is a HB boat?
Old 07-02-2008, 09:26 AM   #8 (permalink)

Sorry for no updates

I am sorry for not keeping you updated like I said with all the info.. I had a bad operation and was out of commision untill recently. I do have the video finished and need to get it on line.. Again I am sorry for dropping the ball on you guys..

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Volfish View Post
Dang, I thought it was going to be some kind of glades recovery plan update where you had to have your picture with Hal to be able to fish inside the National Park...
Old 07-02-2008, 10:00 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatbroke View Post
Think I am going to put a high thrust Yamaha 60 on it. On paper the estimated speed should be in the low to mid 40's.
I have been in a lot of HB style boats with 60's on them, both 2 and 4 stroke, and that seems like a little over shot on the speed. I have actually fished many times in a 18 Waterman that Hal(supposedly) built super light for himself that had a yamaha 70 hp 2 stroke on it and it didn't do much more than 35. I have a pretty light 17.8 with a 2 stroke 90 on it and I dont get much more than 42-45mph with people on board. By myself, with the tide and the wind, I might get 48-50, and thats only every now and then.
Capt Billy Rotne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:03 AM   #10 (permalink)
mwk
Banned

this boat is better than an HB can't you read
mwk is offline   Reply With Quote