TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > TribeNwater Boats > Chittum Skiffs

Chittum Skiffs Thread, Key West in TribeNwater Boats; Hey man keep up. the new ultimate permit machine is the new biscayne just sayin...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2011, 10:36 AM   #11 (permalink)

Hey man keep up. the new ultimate permit machine is the new biscayne just sayin
hmaadd29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:29 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haley View Post
I had the great pleasure to demo the new Chittum Skiff with Capt. Will Benson on Oct. 21. I was extremly impressed with its performance. It truly is a stealth boat. It was a very windy day (appx 25 knots). I was very impressed with how smooth the ride was over the chop in the Key West channel. Normally that kind of chop pounds the crap out of you, this skiff went quite smoothly over a 2 to 3 ft. chop. Where it really demonstrated its prowess was chasing permit. We landed one bonefish and two permit that day. The first permit was a dead upwind shot. Capt. Will had to pole dead into the wind to get me the shot. I am a big guy 6'3'" 290. Will and I have been fishing together for about 10 years. I am used to the strain it takes for him to push me and his Maverik up wind. He was easily polling the Chittum up wind and completly silent with no bow wake or pressure line. With the amount of headwind we had to get as close to the fish as possible. It was only a 30 to 40 ft. cast that bagged the permit. It did not feel us coming. I really felt like the lack of any noise or pressure lines enalbled us to get close enough to the permit so that I could make a cast in that wind. A picture of the permit is on this thread. I don't think we would have caught that permit had we been in Capt. Will's Maverick. At one point we decided to see how close to a permit we could get with out spooking it. We got to within a few feet. I was very impressed with how smooth, quite, and stable the skiff was. I think Chittum has really come up with the ultimate stealth permit boat.
I'd like to see the Chittum fish against the new Biscayne
Attached Images

Capt Cowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:58 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmaadd29 View Post
Hey man keep up. the new ultimate permit machine is the new biscayne just sayin
Pffffft
thefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:23 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Cowdog View Post
I'd like to see the Chittum fish against the new Biscayne

is the boats that fish or the people in them?