TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > TribeNwater Boats > Chittum Skiffs

Chittum Skiffs Thread, NEW MODEL ANNOUNCEMENT - ISLAMORADA 18 SS "Super Shallow" in TribeNwater Boats; We will be cutting into a 18 hull this week to build a running test plug. The specs on this ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2010, 11:47 AM   #1 (permalink)

NEW MODEL ANNOUNCEMENT - ISLAMORADA 18 SS "Super Shallow"

We will be cutting into a 18 hull this week to build a running test plug. The specs on this new model, 18 overall, 3.9 draft with 2 people, 2 degree dead rise, under 400 pounds before rigging. The construction will be the same as well as the standard features as the Islamorada 18. We will offer this new boat with a side console or tiller at $48,000.00.

We have reduced the cost of this skiff buy eliminating the deck liner, center console with ice box and a hatch, this also reduced labor and weight.

I will post photos as we progress.
Attached Thumbnails
boat-2.jpg  
GSAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:45 AM   #2 (permalink)

Keep me informed.
wnosan@cfl.rr.com
Bill@NSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 05:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Scooter
Getting closer to that zero dead rise number , huh Bill ?
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

you should just rename this thread 2003 16 Waterman for sale w 50 tohatsu
Old 05-26-2010, 04:46 AM   #5 (permalink)

Stripped out flats boat for $48K? REALLY! Bla,Bla, hi-tech,Bla, carbon fiber,Bla,Bla! Look I like Hal,he's a great guy, but I've owned some of the best of the best and there is NO skiff worth over $30K,and that's loaded. It's not about what I can afford,it's about a true value. I've got a beach front home in Ponce that I'll sell you for $1.3M,even though the county says it's worth $850K...
Old 05-26-2010, 08:00 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
Stripped out flats boat for $48K? REALLY! Bla,Bla, hi-tech,Bla, carbon fiber,Bla,Bla! Look I like Hal,he's a great guy, but I've owned some of the best of the best and there is NO skiff worth over $30K,and that's loaded. It's not about what I can afford,it's about a true value. I've got a beach front home in Ponce that I'll sell you for $1.3M,even though the county says it's worth $850K...
Could not have said it better myself.

I am still confused why this skiff is shamelessly plugged on this site and the Company's website is a single page with a pretty picture and a phone number. Capitalizing on a public forum as a marketing tool is wrong - in my opinion anyway.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

We should never have had to endure Hal's last folly . Who gives a damn about his over priced skiffs. $60,000+ 40,000+ . there are more then enough great skinny water skiffs out there to chose from. and I have yet to need a skiff that "floated two 200 pound men in 3" of water.
And the sad fact is these skiffs will probably not perform to that degree anyway.

Lets worry about keeping our water pollutant free . Boycott BP!

Gulf coaster

Engulfed

(prey for our waters)
engulfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

yall are a rowdy bunch...
Old 06-16-2010, 06:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

For those that would like a deck in their skiff and a center console.
Attached Thumbnails
liner.jpg  
GSAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 12:45 PM   #10 (permalink)

Here's my take on Hal and his skiffs.

Look, before hell's bay, which he was part of, there were no great shallow water skiffs.
At least not something ultimately very light, shallow and quiet. When they first were beginning to come out, you heard, or read, praise about their performance and biatchin' about their price. "no skiff is worth that", et al. Well, they spawned a new group of manufacturers like ECC, and numerous others. Now there are many skinny water skiffs to choose from at different price points. I attribute it mostly to HB and Hal among the two others.

I look at Chittium Skiffs as just trying to take it to the next level. Granted, I think the V entry transitioning to no dead rise was the Big Idea HB developed. And I don't see that kind of a revolutionary idea in the Chittum Skiff. But he has introduced new production methods and is experimenting with epoxies instead of the usual vinylester resins and a greater use of carbon fiber and other materials to make skiffs lighter and stronger.

Eventually these methods will trickle to other manufacturers and maybe even be improved on, or made less expensive. They seem to take their rash if shiat on here, just because they're trying to make a skiff as well as they know how.

Personally, I give them big kudos.
Bill@NSB is offline   Reply With Quote