TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > TribeNwater Boats > Chittum Skiffs

Chittum Skiffs Thread, My SS skiff in TribeNwater Boats; Originally Posted by Net 30 Looks nice and simple…nicely done. Love to see a profile shot…... Any specs like weight, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2015, 11:14 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Net 30 View Post
Looks nice and simple…nicely done. Love to see a profile shot…...

Any specs like weight, draft and final cost of the build?
The skiff is out on loan to a guide so might take me a little time to get a profile shot..But to answer your other questions this skiff came in at 350 pounds before it was rigged and it drafted 5 inches with two people, safety gear and 10 gallons of gas. We are not going to build a mold for the no hatch deck at this time as this was a custom one off project for myself, if we get a few interested clients we can always build a hatch-less deck or just finish one out like this boat. With the added labor in glassing and fairing of this deck we figured it to be a $46,000.00 boat motor trailer package. This boat of mine was a test bed to try some new things to further our goal to build a lighter more reasonably priced skiffs.

With what we learned on this new skiff we are currently working on a similar priced boat with a new 3 hatch arrangement, one forward hatch and two aft, one being a large main hatch with a small hatch for a live well. We are also in the process of building a plain console without the ice chest and toe kick. Another thing we will be doing to bring costs down will be engineering the lamination in this new line of boats like this one. Our current boats are engineered to take a 150 HP. This new model will be engineered to take no more then 90 HP on the 12 degree hull and 70 HP on a 2 degree hull.
GSAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:39 AM   #12 (permalink)

Fishing in the Everglades
Attached Thumbnails
img_0733.jpg  
GSAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:56 AM   #13 (permalink)

With what we learned on this new skiff we are currently working on a similar priced boat with a new 3 hatch arrangement, one forward hatch and two aft, one being a large main hatch with a small hatch for a live well.

This sound a like a great idea. Simple side console, 3 hatches and able to run a lower hp motor….very tempting.

Keep us posted.

btw: where is Hals new shop in Stuart?