TribeNwater

TribeNwater (http://www.tribenwater.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fishing Destinations (http://www.tribenwater.com/forums/fishing-destinations/)
-   -   flood tides are coming (http://www.tribenwater.com/forums/fishing-destinations/1696-flood-tides-coming.html)

Capt.Chris 09-07-2008 07:49 PM

flood tides are coming

I have read some threads of you guys wanting to do some flood tide fishing, well this month starting on the 15th till the end of the month we will have a flood tide every day in St. Augustine. Just giving you a heads up. Small crab flies with rattles work good.

See ya out there.

The Volfish 09-08-2008 04:20 AM

Chris,

Are the flats adjacent to the airport good for this type of fishing?

phlatsphil 09-08-2008 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Volfish (Post 11910)
Chris,

hey Larry, good question. I'm werkin 3rd shift :ugh:, if you're thinkin of flying up here one day and want some wadin company, I'd love to join ya for a couple hours.

The Volfish 09-08-2008 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phlatsphil (Post 11950)
hey Larry, good question. I'm werkin 3rd shift :ugh:, if you're thinkin of flying up here one day and want some wadin company, I'd love to join ya for a couple hours.

Exactly what I was thinking of doing. That being said I dont know if it's mud there or firm enough to traverse on foot...

Rayzor 09-08-2008 09:51 AM

you can be up to ur shoulders in a second, unless ur working sand bottom

Rayzor 09-08-2008 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt.Chris (Post 11906)
I have read some threads of you guys wanting to do some flood tide fishing, well this month starting on the 15th till the end of the month we will have a flood tide every day in St. Augustine. Just giving you a heads up. Small crab flies with rattles work good.

See ya out there.

Luv the flood tide fall fishin up that way :rock: They hit like the snook at the top of the tide !!!

Capt.Chris 09-08-2008 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Volfish (Post 11910)
Chris,

Yeah, all you have to do is follow the creeks till you find a large spartina grass flat, once you locate such a place pole the skiff over the long spartina to the smaller spartina grass and your ready to wade. The dangerous muddy areas are where the creek buts up against the long spartina, which the long spartina is your warning. Once on the small grass its pretty hard bottom.

Larry I would tie some mf2 type of fly on a #2 hook. make the fly a little more compact to mimic a fiddler crab. The rattle is the key!

The Volfish 09-08-2008 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt.Chris (Post 11957)
Yeah, all you have to do is follow the creeks till you find a large spartina grass flat, once you locate such a place pole the skiff over the long spartina to the smaller spartina grass and your ready to wade. The dangerous muddy areas are where the creek buts up against the long spartina, which the long spartina is your warning. Once on the small grass its pretty hard bottom.

Larry I would tie some mf2 type of fly on a #2 hook. make the fly a little more compact to mimic a fiddler crab. The rattle is the key!

Thanks Bro!

JRH 09-08-2008 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt.Chris (Post 11957)

Thanks for the info. I googled "mf2 fly" and couldn't come up with anything. Do you have any pics or maybe a description? Thanks.

The Volfish 09-08-2008 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRH (Post 11959)
Thanks for the info. I googled "mf2 fly" and couldn't come up with anything. Do you have any pics or maybe a description? Thanks.

Is a secret, try Googling "Pahmier" ;)