TribeNwater

TribeNwater (http://www.tribenwater.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hell's Bay Darkside Association (http://www.tribenwater.com/forums/hells-bay-darkside-association/)
-   -   New HB Pro 17.8 (http://www.tribenwater.com/forums/hells-bay-darkside-association/2746-hb-pro-17-8-a.html)

con mosca 05-05-2011 10:40 AM

New HB Pro 17.8

5 Attachment(s)
Jeebus all I have heard are crickets chirping around here for several weeks so I thought I'd better stir up things.

Got a new 17.8 waiting to pick up soon. I haven't seen anything of the boat except the pics the guys at HB sent.

The casting platform has a different "rounded top" lean bar coming, so the T-bar in the pics goes away. The boat is a Lodge Edition with additions of Atlas jack plate, Tach/WaterPres/Compass on the coffin box, tab & jp switches underneath the platform, insulated rear mid hatch for a cooler, extra kevlar strip in keel & extra layer of .75 matt on hull, fatass cushion on the box, Icom 25w radio in the elect. hatch with a pushpole clip whip antenna and the bigass casting platform. I also have one of the few remaining Yamaha 70 2-strokes around the area with a Jack Foreman (Crossroads Prop, Port La Vaca TX) custom prop made for this motor. Curtis Suggs and the boys at the HB shop did a very cool install with the gauges, switch box and radio.
I took a look at the side-by-side plastic chairs HB offered in the Lodge Ed package- was not for me. I don't know if they could hold up after 2-3 yrs but I could be proved wrong. Also, I'm not a fan of all the extra metal/weight on the front platform & especially 2 contact points drilled through the deck to make the platform stay in place but if it's always going to squirreling around on me while running with only one, oh well I guess I can live with it.
I don't have specific numbers on speed yet but I would think it might do high 30's. I'm hoping this will be a super sneaky permit & bones machine.
Comments welcome!

:permit:

TroutTouter 05-05-2011 12:39 PM

Wow, that thing is SWEET! Love to see some more pics once you get her home.

con mosca 05-05-2011 02:19 PM

Thanks!

HB has a few more pics on the shop's facebook page:

2011 17.8 Professional | Facebook

Icarus 05-05-2011 04:33 PM

I love the simplicity of this skiff

7M11 05-06-2011 05:57 AM

really a nice skiff, the switches under the platform was a good idea...HB makes some great stuff, enjoy your new ride..

hmaadd29 05-09-2011 05:28 PM

that's a sweet skiff. What did they do to the 17.8 to make it the "new and improved" 17.8. I would def get them to make the casting platform taller.

con mosca 05-10-2011 10:35 AM

Not sure exactly about "improvements" other than stiffening the hull with a stringer and liner system but the hull might have been tweaked ever so slightly recently. You would have to call HB for details.

Optical illusion with the platform looking short. It's a big casting platform- more than double-long and about 17-18" high.

:permit:

con mosca 05-10-2011 10:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bigass platform:

get 'er done 05-18-2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmaadd29 (Post 18686)
that's a sweet skiff. What did they do to the 17.8 to make it the "new and improved" 17.8. I would def get them to make the casting platform taller.

bottom of skiff was changed alot.............

skinnywater3 05-18-2011 09:51 AM

Very nice skiff! Lets see more pics