TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > TribeNwater Fishing > Fishing Destinations


Fishing Destinations Thread, flood tides are coming in TribeNwater Fishing; I have read some threads of you guys wanting to do some flood tide fishing, well this month starting on ...
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2008, 08:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Palm Coast
Posts: 18
flood tides are coming

I have read some threads of you guys wanting to do some flood tide fishing, well this month starting on the 15th till the end of the month we will have a flood tide every day in St. Augustine. Just giving you a heads up. Small crab flies with rattles work good.

See ya out there.
Capt.Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Black List, FL
Posts: 38
Chris,

Are the flats adjacent to the airport good for this type of fishing?
The Volfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Edgewater, FL
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Volfish View Post
Chris,

Are the flats adjacent to the airport good for this type of fishing?
hey Larry, good question. I'm werkin 3rd shift , if you're thinkin of flying up here one day and want some wadin company, I'd love to join ya for a couple hours.
phlatsphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Black List, FL
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlatsphil View Post
hey Larry, good question. I'm werkin 3rd shift , if you're thinkin of flying up here one day and want some wadin company, I'd love to join ya for a couple hours.

Exactly what I was thinking of doing. That being said I dont know if it's mud there or firm enough to traverse on foot...
The Volfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Palm Coast
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Volfish View Post
Chris,

Are the flats adjacent to the airport good for this type of fishing?


Yeah, all you have to do is follow the creeks till you find a large spartina grass flat, once you locate such a place pole the skiff over the long spartina to the smaller spartina grass and your ready to wade. The dangerous muddy areas are where the creek buts up against the long spartina, which the long spartina is your warning. Once on the small grass its pretty hard bottom.

Larry I would tie some mf2 type of fly on a #2 hook. make the fly a little more compact to mimic a fiddler crab. The rattle is the key!
Capt.Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Black List, FL
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Chris View Post
Yeah, all you have to do is follow the creeks till you find a large spartina grass flat, once you locate such a place pole the skiff over the long spartina to the smaller spartina grass and your ready to wade. The dangerous muddy areas are where the creek buts up against the long spartina, which the long spartina is your warning. Once on the small grass its pretty hard bottom.

Larry I would tie some mf2 type of fly on a #2 hook. make the fly a little more compact to mimic a fiddler crab. The rattle is the key!
Thanks Bro!
The Volfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
JRH
Senior Member
 
JRH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Courthouse
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Chris View Post
Yeah, all you have to do is follow the creeks till you find a large spartina grass flat, once you locate such a place pole the skiff over the long spartina to the smaller spartina grass and your ready to wade. The dangerous muddy areas are where the creek buts up against the long spartina, which the long spartina is your warning. Once on the small grass its pretty hard bottom.

Larry I would tie some mf2 type of fly on a #2 hook. make the fly a little more compact to mimic a fiddler crab. The rattle is the key!

Thanks for the info. I googled "mf2 fly" and couldn't come up with anything. Do you have any pics or maybe a description? Thanks.
__________________
"Ward, I think you were a little hard on the beaver..."
JRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Black List, FL
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRH View Post
Thanks for the info. I googled "mf2 fly" and couldn't come up with anything. Do you have any pics or maybe a description? Thanks.

Is a secret, try Googling "Pahmier"
The Volfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Black List, FL
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
*Pahmeier

Right you are. What can I say, I had dinner with Tanner last night...
The Volfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Black List, FL
Posts: 38
Mangrove

st augustine airport - Google Maps


Looks like a lot of mud and deep water between us and the sand...

The Volfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:54 PM.


TribeNwater

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0