TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > TribeNwater Fishing > Fishing Destinations

Fishing Destinations Thread, Tribenwater Flamingo 2 - reports in TribeNwater Fishing; Uploading my pictures from the weekend. will post report when i get caught up. it was a good trip! if ...

LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 08:47 AM   2 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
L I V I N - Livin

Tribenwater Flamingo 2 - reports

Uploading my pictures from the weekend.

will post report when i get caught up. it was a good trip!

if you have a flamingo trip report stick them here.

BoldWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:14 AM   #2 (permalink)

Thanks for putting all together Derek and.. Lee and Alex for the all cooking.

We didn't have quite the banner day You Jason and Adrian had but we manage a few fish.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Ali
Nobody

Awesome pics!
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
JRH

Very nice! Looks like a great trip.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Very nice pictures. Looks like the trip was a good time.
Fishtrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Scooter
Lots of firewood .....no fire pit ?
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
L I V I N - Livin

Day 1 - Thursday morning Capt. Lee Meyers, Alex Sorice and myself headed down to Flamingo for the Tribenwater camping trip. Kent, Dean, John and Bob were already there. We arrived around 3 pm...quickly set up camp and headed off in Lee's Go Devil.

With little time we decided to fish out front. The tide was dropping as we threw gulps, top waters, DOA shrimp and even Lee's secret weapon the clark spoon...all of them produced a mixture of snook, trout, jacks and ladyfish in good numbers.

We headed back to camp and gorged ourselves on Cheeseburgers, washed down with cheap beers around a mediocre fire. Kent, Dean, John and Bob all had fish reports. I had a relaxing evening and was early to bed.

Day 2 - Friday morning after Lee and Alex made us breakfast Kent dropped me off at the inside boat ramp to meet Jason S and Adrian Gray. By 8:00 AM we were deep in Hell's Bay aboard Jason's Whipray. Our day was spectacular from start to finish. The company was great and the fish corporative.

Here are many highlights from the day:

The days total was somewhere around 30 snook and 10 redfish...Fly, DOA shrimp and jigs they all were consumed readily in shallow, clear water.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BoldWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 06:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
JRH

Great pics, Derek.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:10 PM   #9 (permalink)

My buddy from work TJ Davis and I headed down south to spend two days with some of the forum members of tribenwater.com. We had a blast but, I found it hard to fish in the wind without a trolling motor or a push pole... go figure We were able to catch a few small snook and one little redfish but, considering the conditions i wasn't too disapointed with our efforts. The only down point of the weekend was loosing a nice 32"ish snook right at the boat with a hand on his tail.

Two men i admire for their photography skills and angling ability, pulling out the map to discuss their destination for the day

A guide that i envy for his knowledge of these heavenly waters

The tide was low

Birds were enjoying natures sunday all you can eat brunch

Small redfish

small snuke

Sunset in angling paradise
Old 11-24-2008, 07:45 PM   #10 (permalink)

Had a great time meeting new people and catching a few nice fish in the process. After literally working my way down to Flamingo all day, I finally arrived at about 10pm on Friday night. Met Capt Benny Blanco at the ramp early on Saturday morning to head out. I really was hoping to fish the inside since I've never had a chance to, but he said with the wind and tides the outside was the call and who am I to argue. We headed out to fish a few little pockets of water left on Snake bight and managed to catch a nice size snook while blind casting around the edges of the drop offs. This snook put up particularly nice fight on my little 1000 stradic.

We continued to fish on and around Snake bight for the next few hours waiting for the tide to rise and the fish to start tailing. We only spotted a few tailers, but did manage to land many slot to upper slot reds as well as snook.

As the day wore on we headed further East checking out multiple bays, bights, and islands. Highlight of the day was a double header on snook we sight casted to laying up on a mud bank.

As few were crusing back in we saw Sam and David heading in after trying to get a few last pictures for the day.

Final tally for the day was about a dozen reds and a dozen snook.

Fished with Sam and David on Sunday, but didn't take any pictures. It was a fun time running around looking for some bones and catching a lot of nice little mangrove snappers aka grovers. Had a few shots at a nice golith grouper hanging under some mangroves, but could get him to eat unfortunatly. Overall it was a great time, with great food, and great people. Can't ask for much more and looking forward to next time.
CastawayCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote