TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > TribeNwater Fishing > Fishing Destinations

Fishing Destinations Thread, 2009 Cajun Fishing Adventure - August in TribeNwater Fishing; I have had a few people who have an interest in me plaing a trip to Buras, LA and Cajun ...

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 03:00 PM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)

2009 Cajun Fishing Adventure - August

I have had a few people who have an interest in me plaing a trip to Buras, LA and Cajun Fishing Adventures Home . The trip will occur sometime during the 1st full week in August. I have looked at the tides and I have some options of planing one of two trip options for everyone. The options are;

Plan A
Fly from Orlando on Wednesday, August 5 spend 4 nights, and fish 3 days. The price would be $ 1,300.00, which includes guided fishing, tackle provided, accommodations, 3 meals a day, as well as fish cleaning, and packaging if one chooses to bring some fillets back. Fly back home on Sunday, August 9.

Plan B
Fly from Orlando on Thursday, August 6 spend 3 nights, and fish 2 days. The price would be $ 900.00, which includes guided fishing, tackle provided, accommodations, 3 meals a day, as well as fish cleaning, and packaging if one chooses to bring some fillets back. Fly back home on Sunday, August 9.

Each day of fishing begins around 630am and you won't finish until sometime between 1-3pm, depending upon how your day goes, as well as any weather that may come into play. You can bring your own tackle, or use the guides tackle. The guides fish with artificials primarily. Each of the guides can accomodate 3 anglers on each of their bay boats. If want to fly-fish, you must let me know in advance, because Ryan can only accomodate 2 people per trip in his HB 18 Waterman.

I will identify a flight from Orlando to New Orleans for everyone to make their own reservations. On this subject, Southwest is the only carrier with non-stop service, and they have decreased the number of daily flights. We have a multitide of airline options if we make a quick stop in Atlanta. The 1-stop option provides the cheapest flights at our disposal. Let me know which flight option you would prefer as well. The cost of the round-trip is anywhere between $ 225-300 per person. If you want to drive it, it's a 12 hour drive from Titusville to Buras (1 way). If some choose to car-pool out there, I would need to know, as to make adjustments to our ground transportation. If you choose to take other transportation than the Orlando flight I identify, you will need to plan to be at the lodge by 600pm arrival night.

The other expenses one would incur are the following;

* an equal split of a reserved 15-passenger van that I will arrange and pay for in advance.

* a 3-day Louisiana Non-Resident Fishing License w/ a Charter Captain (under $ 10 and can be done online in advance).

* equal split of daily guide tip (with the other anglers you are sharing the boat with,...avg. recommendation $ 20-30 per person).

* any beer/alcoholic beverages or specific snacks you want to bring to the lodge (which can be purchased on the way to the lodge).

* any excess weight or baggage charges incurred due to bringing your tackle or bringing back a cooler of fish.

Once this trip is finalized, I will open reservations to the 1st 11 people paying a 50% deposit (which is required by Cajun Fishing Adventures). DO NOT SEND ANYTHING NOW I am just gathering info now to finalize the trip. Just need your feedback at this point.

Last edited by Rayzor; 01-26-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Rayzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Ryan Lambert and his guys are the best in the business. It will be a trip to remember.
Capt. Mike
Capt. Mike Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Capt Mike,

We'll have to cross paths while we are down there. I would enjoy meeting ya. Tell Heavy hello for me the next time you speak to him,...he knows me as Rayzor as well.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thinking that may not be a bad drive from the panhandle. Could maybe pick up a strangler or two in Destin on the way out!
Old 01-28-2009, 07:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barhopr View Post
Thinking that may not be a bad drive from the panhandle. Could maybe pick up a strangler or two in Destin on the way out!

That would be a heck of a trip. I'll have to check the piggy bank

Jacknasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:06 AM   #6 (permalink)

Based on the feedback between IMs, this thread, and on other forums, there is enough interest to make it a really fun trip.

Also guys, I need to know whether you mind making a short stop in Atlanta on the way to New Orleans, or just go non-stop.

If non-stop is preferred, Southwest is the only carrier and does NOT provide many time options (most are early & then late in the day, not in the middle). If we route through Atlanta, we have multiple carriers, and a multitude of time options.

For guys that might need to spend an hour or two in the office before going away, this option helps. It also helps with our Sunday return. Since Sunday's tides are not condusive for fishing, we will get up eat breakfast, pack and not be in a hurry getting to the airport, if we had a mid-day flight. Tht way, you'd be back home late afternoon, or early Sunday evening.

I know this is alot of detail to be thinking about 6 months from now, but my goal is to make this trip very doable for the most,..and good planing is everything.

Let me know.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
L I V I N - Livin

i'm checking on the date, sounds like a great trip ray.

mike will you be around during these dates?
BoldWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:36 AM   #8 (permalink)

Sounds scary to me...Barhopr's gonna pick up a couple of stranglers. Wear neck braces.
jonboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

Some how I'm getting visions of this when I think of all the central FLA vagabonds on a plane
Old 02-08-2009, 08:45 AM   #10 (permalink)

If you guys want to get enough guys together I can even put a day aside if some of your crew wants to go offshore. I can make it just about the same price per person as a inshore trip if there is enough interest. Hey Rayzor not trying to derail your thread. Just maybe trying to get some more interest in your trip and what Venice has to offer. Seriuosly the inshore fishing at that time is pretty amazing. A 100 trout or so by noon along with 20 redfish. All on topwaters and plastics that pretty strong fishing. This is a must do trip for the seriuos inshore fisherman.
Capt. Mike
Capt. Mike Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote