TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > TribeNwater Boats > Hell's Bay Darkside Association

Hell's Bay Darkside Association Thread, We need your help in TribeNwater Boats; Lets see a group of guides have a plan to keep the Florida bay from being closed.....who do u think ...

LinkBack (4) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2008, 11:20 AM   #31 (permalink)
mwk
Banned

Lets see a group of guides have a plan to keep the Florida bay from being closed.....who do u think that plan will favor?
mwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 05:28 PM   #32 (permalink)

I bet Mike would feel different if Mark Wisher was funding those plugs! Dont get mad at Hal, he isnt one of the guys bashing your boat, hes the one who designed it.

Just kidding dont get all azzed up!

Who cares who is doing it Mike, atleast someone is taking the initiative!

Too bad they dont close the lagoon for a few years, now thats a place that needs help. Makes florida bay look like a joke.

Something like one year of closure to one year of fishing would do the lagoon wonders. The fish wont be able to stand the pressure much longer, especially the breeder fish, the way some guides fish those big reds makes me sick! I remeber when you caould easily have a 10-15 fish day on the lagoon, now a 5 fish day is a great day. Thats why I dont fish or guide in the lagoon anymore.

Last edited by Capt Billy Rotne; 01-22-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Capt Billy Rotne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:34 PM   #33 (permalink)

This thread needs almost as much help as the Everglades

Jacknasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:45 PM   #34 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Scooter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Billy Rotne View Post
I bet Mike would feel different if Mark Wisher was funding those plugs! Dont get mad at Hal, he isnt one of the guys bashing your boat, hes the one who designed it.
Post removed . Karma > rebutals .
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:21 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagered View Post
Just a question, "canals", "ditches", and "plugs" sound manmade, wouldn't the removal/restoration back to a natural state be better for the glades longterm?
That is what we are wanting. The plugs were put in for that very reason but they were engineered wrong we want to replace what failed.. Cant see why they are dragging their feet on replacing the plugs. They were there once we just want to fix what was already there.. And to the multiple topic question. Yes there are more than one topic going at one time. This problem is not a one problem fix. There are several things that need to happen at one time to pull this all together.. And YES there are no strings attached to the money. We are becoming a very large group of pwople that are doing this because we love the area. I am a 3rd generation guide who wants his children and everyone elses to be able to grow up like I did. Being able to enjoy this great area. I was a guide i the glades for 25 years before moving and when I die I want my ashes to be spread across the flats there. It means that much to me. It is my home, and it is an important part of my life and me. No hidded agenda no personal financial gain pure and simple (and I talk for all envolved on this) we are in love with the are and want it protected and to be around for us to enjoy for now on...
flatbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:29 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwk View Post
Lets see a group of guides have a plan to keep the Florida bay from being closed.....who do u think that plan will favor?
To answer this question There are a a lot of guides that are guilty of causing a lot of this. They are the ones we want to abide by these rules more than anyone else. They should know better and should be the ones caring more than anyone else because they have the most to loose. We are not favoring any group over any other. I suggest you park your opinion until you can study this for yourself and make an educated and informed decision for your self. Is that such a bad thing to ask. And while I am asking and I do this with the most upmost respect ot you MWK. In all of the time you have spent fishing the flats (whereever that may be) how much have you given back because it was needed? No need to answer that just answer it to yourself.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:46 PM   #37 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Scooter
Mike doesn't need to answer that , I'll answer it it for him . He respects and does his best to preserve the flats that we fish as much as anyone out there . Not dissing you for asking but ...Mike's a stand up guy ...not just an internet bull****ter like some folks .
My question , just to clear this up a bit ....are the guides in your group looking for " pole and troll/No motor zones" that are accesible to guides/commercial only ?
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 04:10 AM   #38 (permalink)
mwk
Banned

I'll ask one more time.......then I'm done....Post the minutes from the meeting.

You have only given half answers.....Lay out your plan for everyone to read.

I'm all for ppl helping the glades or the lagoon but I've found in life most ppl and groups have a self serving agenda.

See you threw Hal's name out there now you got Billy wetting his pants.

I'll ask one more time Post your whole plan ezpz.

For all I know your agenda and mine could be the same but this beating around the bush on the subject leaves me to believe there is something there
that us rec fisherman ain't gonna like.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:07 AM   #39 (permalink)

an answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
Mike doesn't need to answer that , I'll answer it it for him . He respects and does his best to preserve the flats that we fish as much as anyone out there . Not dissing you for asking but ...Mike's a stand up guy ...not just an internet bull****ter like some folks .
My question , just to clear this up a bit ....are the guides in your group looking for " pole and troll/No motor zones" that are accesible to guides/commercial only ?
No not at all.. Nothing we are suggesting is for one more than the other. Wehere a guide fishes and how he fishes is the same places that a person coming to Florida can fish. As for pole and no motor. We want a common sence approach to happen to flats fishing. All areas will be accesable but the crowns of the flats need to be a no destroy zone. Meening that once off the main route you can idle to your area (none of these are far) and then pole or trolling motor in the extreme shallows. Most of these area are no more than a hundred yards from deep water. It would be nothing like the upper banana river area where you have to idle for what seems like miles. The open bays and lakes would still be runnable and there would be no areas asked to be closed off. All we are wanting is that the fish have a calm place to feeed and hunt and the shallow grasses get the protection they deserve, The reason the whole plan has not been posted yet is the distance we are all dealing with each other here. I am waiting on a copy of the original power point presentation to be sent to me so I can change the format so it can be posted on the internet and have DVDs of it made so we can get the exact plan in everyones hands that want it. I am not the writer of this plan and I dont want to miss-quote it and have mistakes made. It is too important to me to have it messed up by a typo. A version of our plan was put out there by a group wanting nothing done to help and the information was altered to make our plan look disasteous. They used wrongly marked maps and if I had not known what was happening I would have tooth and nail not to let that plan happen. I just want to make sure whn I can post the information it is 100% accurate. That is the reason I have not posted it yet.
As for pesonal gain I cant think of how it would benifit me other than saving a place I know and love. I dont guide there anymore nor would I make any financial gain from this. Something in this area is going to happen and we just want it to be the right thing. I do appologize for getting heated yesterday but I am getting almost threatening e-mails from what appears to be someone associated in this group for trying to help Florida Bay.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:50 AM   #40 (permalink)
mwk
Banned

Fair enough.........I'm looking forward to seeing your plan when all is complete.

I'm not against P-N-T zones.......even if they take a little work to get to.

One thing we have seen with our PNT in the lagoon is lack of enforcement.

Which pretty much nulls and voids any good that would come with it.

You sure you are getting emails from someone on this site.......some of us might be aholes......but I don't think anyone I know on this site would do that.