TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > TribeNwater Boats > Hell's Bay Darkside Association

Hell's Bay Darkside Association Thread, '99 Whip for sale in TribeNwater Boats; I have a 99 Whipray for sale, and a Professional on schedule to be here in the fall. I have ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2008, 09:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mangrove '99 Whip for sale

I have a 99 Whipray for sale, and a Professional on schedule to be here in the fall.

I have a verbal commitment @ 13k, but person would like to sell his boat first, so no $$$ commit yet.

Hull is excellent, continental trailer very good, '99 40 merc starts first crank but is old. compression =125 on all cylinders. It has always been a second or backup boat, so even though it has years it does not have a bunch of hours.

This boat knows many of the old Herman spots through Hell's Bay very well.

jonboat
jonboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

My father is in the market right now and doesn't have to sell a boat first. Do you have any pics? My email address is [email protected]. THanks,

Last edited by captlav; 08-15-2008 at 08:16 AM.
captlav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 03:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

I don't yet know how to post pic's here, but tomorrow I will take some and attach them to you in an email.

jonboat
Old 08-14-2008, 05:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

I would also be interested. Please send me pics at [email protected]. Thanks
bonefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 06:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

I spoke with my father this evening and he is very interested. Is it a side, center, or tiller? Thanks,
captlav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hey Mat

Mat been a long time. Have not seen you since running into you that day in the back of Hells Bay... Give me a private shout here so we can catch up
Corby

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboat View Post
I have a 99 Whipray for sale, and a Professional on schedule to be here in the fall.

I have a verbal commitment @ 13k, but person would like to sell his boat first, so no $$$ commit yet.

Hull is excellent, continental trailer very good, '99 40 merc starts first crank but is old. compression =125 on all cylinders. It has always been a second or backup boat, so even though it has years it does not have a bunch of hours.

This boat knows many of the old Herman spots through Hell's Bay very well.

jonboat
flatbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Jonboat,
Please post the photos.
I am interested in the Whip. However, prefer a tiller model.
Regards,
Kevin
kbuch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Still for sale?
The Volfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:01 AM   #9 (permalink)

It's still here, but I have indeed taken a deposit on it and am holding for a great young kid. I say kid but he's actually a college freshman and a friend of my son's. The guy is an amazing fisherman.

On our test ride he fed two large Islamorada bonefish and caught one and were back at my house in just over an hour. He's really good at knowing what to do when to bug hits the water. It's amazing how easy it can be if someone knows what to do, and doesn't have to wait for me to figure out what to do, make the words, get them to understand and translate it all down the flyline.

I'll post an update when it leaves my driveway.

jb
Old 09-08-2008, 08:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboat View Post
It's still here, but I have indeed taken a deposit on it and am holding for a great young kid. I say kid but he's actually a college freshman and a friend of my son's. The guy is an amazing fisherman.

On our test ride he fed two large Islamorada bonefish and caught one and were back at my house in just over an hour. He's really good at knowing what to do when to bug hits the water. It's amazing how easy it can be if someone knows what to do, and doesn't have to wait for me to figure out what to do, make the words, get them to understand and translate it all down the flyline.

I'll post an update when it leaves my driveway.

jb
Good to hear it's going to an angler that is on par with the skiff's performance.

Holler if something changes.
The Volfish is offline   Reply With Quote