TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > TribeNwater Boats > Hell's Bay Darkside Association

Hell's Bay Darkside Association Thread, Whipray mod in TribeNwater Boats; Originally Posted by TroutTouter Is that a new platform? yep sure is... They took the old one off that bolted ...

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 12:59 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutTouter View Post
Is that a new platform?
yep sure is... They took the old one off that bolted onto the outside of the transom and fabbed this new one that sits forward from the motor. It's really starting to take shape. I stopped by the shop yesterday and got a good look at the work so far. They are doing a sweet job in color matching and the glasswork is outstanding. The metal work is just awesome. I can't wait to see the finished product. Here is a pic of the tower/console that wil be secured to the floor and coffin box. The picture makes the tower/console look huge but in person it looks great.
Attached Thumbnails
photo3.jpg  

"It's not the number of years in your life that matters. It's the amount of life in your years."
-Abraham Lincoln
minnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:42 PM   #12 (permalink)

Dave is the man!
Old 10-17-2009, 07:17 AM   #13 (permalink)

Went to the shop yesterday and saw that some awesome progress had been made. The new speakers are in and the console tower has been mounted. The new poling platform has also been put in place... Anyway her are some photos
Attached Thumbnails
1016091243.jpg   1016091243a.jpg   1016091243b.jpg  

"It's not the number of years in your life that matters. It's the amount of life in your years."
-Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-19-2009, 11:51 AM   #14 (permalink)

Keep the photo's coming...How did they manage to get those speakers in? Isn't your gas tank right in front of them...I wanted to put my speakers there, but thought better of it...Skiff looks great by the way....
7M11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:30 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7M11 View Post
Keep the photo's coming...How did they manage to get those speakers in? Isn't your gas tank right in front of them...I wanted to put my speakers there, but thought better of it...Skiff looks great by the way....
There was two ways/options for us to go and we choose the better way...
Kevin
East Cape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:57 PM   #16 (permalink)

Kevin, I was thinking you had to remove the gas tank and then put it back...It looked that way in my Gordon, so I went with some speakers in the back...Nice looking job, by the way....
7M11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:53 AM   #17 (permalink)

I'm not quite sure how they did it... My tank is 18 gal. and it is not the orginal tank. I had to replace it not long ago so it could have been made different from the original. That may have something to do it. Also the speakers aren't that big so the magnets on the back may not need much clearance room. I'll try get more pics up this week.

-Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-22-2009, 03:36 PM   #18 (permalink)

well guys her she is... I would like to thank Adam and crew from Orange County Boatworks, the welding, rigging, and all glass work was outstanding. I also want to thank Kevin and the guys from East Cape Canoes for their part in making this build happen. I took her on a test ride right out of the shop and it ran like a dream.
Attached Thumbnails
100_1139.jpg   100_1140.jpg   100_1141.jpg   100_1142.jpg   100_1144.jpg  

-Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-22-2009, 05:19 PM   #19 (permalink)

Looks good! Looks like it would be fun to drive standing up there with a 50 strapped on the stern.

I hope to get my Waterman up to OCB one day to get some mods done. Good to hear they did a great job.
brew1891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:46 PM   #20 (permalink)

That came out really nice. i bet it will be cool driving from up there.
IRLyRiser is offline   Reply With Quote