TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > TribeNwater Boats > Hell's Bay Darkside Association

Hell's Bay Darkside Association Thread, Whipray mod in TribeNwater Boats; Today was finally the day I got my boat into the shop for the work I've wanted done for a ...

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 11:26 AM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)

Whipray mod

Today was finally the day I got my boat into the shop for the work I've wanted done for a couple of years now. The guys at E.C.C. are doing the job. Attached are some pictures I took right before I took her to the shop. I will update this post with more photos as they become available.
Attached Thumbnails
100_1110.jpg   100_1113.jpg   100_1114.jpg  

"It's not the number of years in your life that matters. It's the amount of life in your years."
-Abraham Lincoln
minnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

Great looking ride, I cannot see anything wrong with your skiff...How does that jack plate perform on this skiff? I wouldn't be without mine...Also, is that a TM with the remote, how do you like it? Boat looks as good as new to me....Couple of leaves on the floor, can be cleared up easily....
7M11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Look forward to seeing the mods. The cover fits my Gordon perfect!!
Old 09-25-2009, 02:33 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7M11 View Post
Great looking ride, I cannot see anything wrong with your skiff...How does that jack plate perform on this skiff? I wouldn't be without mine...Also, is that a TM with the remote, how do you like it? Boat looks as good as new to me....Couple of leaves on the floor, can be cleared up easily....
Yep my bad on the leaves, not sure how they got there being that its garage kept. Might be the wife doing it to mess with my head... Thanks for the compliments on the boat it's an '02. Nothing is wrong with it at all I'm just going to be personalizing it a little. The jackplate works great since I got a little insight on mounting the motor and prop selection from some of the guys on this site. The trolling motor is nice but it has it's flaws... I don't think they've quite perfected the auto-pilot and it's a must to have a spare remote onboard. It's a tough call some days I love it and others I'm ready to turn it into an artificial reef. And the power pole is great but i'm almost tempted to mount one of those wang anchors on the opposite side for a head to head competition. Seems to me the more techno toys I have the more problems arise.

"It's not the number of years in your life that matters. It's the amount of life in your years."
-Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-25-2009, 02:38 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlatsphil View Post
Look forward to seeing the mods. The cover fits my Gordon perfect!!
ya man me too.. I hope to have her back ASAP. the longer she's gone the more stuff collects in her space in the garage.
Glad to hear the cover worked out... This is the number to the guy who custom made it 407-855-1125. He is right off I-4 in downtown Orlando did a great job and I highly recommend him. I'm probably gonna go back to him to have a new one made once the boats finished.

-Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-25-2009, 12:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

I was looking @ your poling platform, trying to figure out what your going to do...Maybe move it forward and off the transom? I realize this one (platform) is history....I have the Wang anchor on my boat, and it works fine for me...I did make one modification to the carbon fiber bracket however.... Your pictures will be the tell all when ECC is done....Finally, a fishin day tomorrow...
7M11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

first pic

Not much to see but it looks like they got the old platform off as well as the side console. Also looks like the steering hardware has also been taken off... More to come ...
Attached Thumbnails
photo-1-.jpg  

-Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-07-2009, 04:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

Just an update... Here are some photos of new work on the boat... I'll keep you posted as more become available.
Attached Thumbnails
photo.jpg   photo1.jpg   photo2.jpg  

-Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-09-2009, 05:41 AM   #9 (permalink)

Is that a new platform?
TroutTouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:29 AM   #10 (permalink)

Looking good.
thefly is offline   Reply With Quote