TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > TribeNwater Boats > Hell's Bay Darkside Association

Hell's Bay Darkside Association Thread, 17.8 Proping question?? in TribeNwater Boats; i know scott personally he is using a powertech 3 blade 17 pitch..............................but he has a jack plate so his ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 11:11 AM   #11 (permalink)

i know scott personally he is using a powertech 3 blade 17 pitch..............................but he has a jack plate so his data is not too applicable. he is still trying to see more speed and getting the skiff dialed in.

On his sea trail today, two dudes, 15 gallons, he saw 44.5mph.......could only get 5200 out of the motor before he trimmed it up too high and blew out.

Last edited by get 'er done; 11-06-2009 at 02:12 PM.
get 'er done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 09:59 AM   #12 (permalink)

Hello,
Ive got a 17 pitch 3 blade Stainless Stilleto on mine. Motor is mounted in the highest position. I can get 5200 at about 42. I had a yamaha k17. that prop is alot easier to spin since its a clever design. Hotshot was great, but mid and top were not so good...if i remember something like 38 at 5500. The full ear design of the Stilleto really improved the cruise speed, 4200 rpm saw almost 5 mph increase, holeshot not as snappy as the K17, yet its still totally acceptable even with baitwell full. I would suggest a 16 pitch ported 3 blade. Youll prob get 5400-5500 which is perfect, and have a great holeshot and cruise. (a custom shop can always add +/- a pitch if you need)

Last edited by captpn; 11-07-2009 at 01:44 PM.
captpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:36 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by captpn View Post
Hello,
Ive got a 17 pitch 3 blade Stainless Stilleto on mine. Motor is mounted in the highest position. I can get 5200 at about 42. I had a yamaha k17. that prop is alot easier to spin since its a clever design. Hotshot was great, but mid and top were not so good...if i remember something like 38 at 5500. The full ear design of the Stilleto really improved the cruise speed, 4200 rpm saw almost 5 mph increase, holeshot not as snappy as the K17, yet its still totally acceptable even with baitwell full. I would suggest a 16 pitch ported 3 blade. Youll prob get 5400-5500 which is perfect, and have a great holeshot and cruise. (a custom shop can always add +/- a pitch if you need)
Thanks man I really appreciate the data. What ported three blade would you recommend? At the lowest trim position how far is the motor cavitation plate above the bottom of the transom? I was told the motor should be hung with the cavitation plate approximately 1 inch above the bottom of the transom.

Thanks again.

Last edited by get 'er done; 11-08-2009 at 07:45 AM.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:05 PM   #14 (permalink)

I would think any quality 3 blade would be fine, powertech comes to mind. Just not a big fat thick eared prop as the Yami is small for a 90. The cav plat is actually level with the bottom, msybe even a bit lower. It runs very well and spray isnt an issue. I would like to go up more, but no holes left, and i dont want a jackplate on this boat. I was actualy thinking of trying it a hole lower to see if it gets better bow lift, but i thinkits just the way she rides. Its suprisingly seaworthy and can eat up a pretty good head sea. Just gotta take it easy.

Have fun propping, see if you can try a few before you buy, 5400-5500 is the goal without trimming up excessivly far. Its a great hull if you like to pole!!
Old 11-09-2009, 07:10 AM   #15 (permalink)

Captrn sent you PM. Powertech makes a 16 bow lifting prop............gonna start there.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:27 AM   #16 (permalink)

AndreyPQ what Pitch prop do you think he should run?

Tight lines
Ross R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:36 AM   #17 (permalink)

Seems PQ likes a single blade, single port prop. I just don't think it would work for this guys boat.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:01 PM   #18 (permalink)

Could it be the motor? I put a 60 4 stroke on my o4 and it rode bow up.It would handle chop nicely. Hardly ever used the tabs. I sold it mainly because it maxed out at 30mph. I've also had an o2 with a yam 90 2 stroke and it rode way to flat. It would stick it's nose into any good size chop. I fish Savannah and cross the same sounds and gettin wet sux.

Both skiffs had 24 volt trollers...... with or without batteries and motors it didn't change ride much at all for me.
hmaadd29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:19 AM   #19 (permalink)

Yeah thats just the way the boat rides. i just slow it down a bit, and go off course a bit, if needed to get that nice head sea ride, then run the leeward side to get where im going if possible. Its not my choice for an open water boat, it can be wet, but once you get to where your fishing its great! Ive stuffed the nose a few times in some rather nice swells...it happens. Sorry no trolling motor experience, i think its been on the boat for a total of 1 week in tha past years...
Old 11-10-2009, 07:24 AM   #20 (permalink)

jeezus christo.................girls sucking off goats, guys banging each other!!! WTF where are the mods on this crap.