TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > TribeNwater Boats > Hell's Bay Darkside Association

Hell's Bay Darkside Association Thread, Marquesa prop comparisons? in TribeNwater Boats; I am curious if any Marquesa owners have worked hard on prop selection and how they ended up. Comparables would ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2011, 04:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Marquesa prop comparisons?

I am curious if any Marquesa owners have worked hard on prop selection and how they ended up. Comparables would be good. I want it to be the best I can get to.
I have a new one with 115HO (may be the only one with this engine from what I understand). Mine is raised to 3rd hole (no jackplate) and running a BRP Rogue 4 blade 17P. I also ran a new one with F90 (similar weight) with a Power Tech SCD3 17P but I did not check the engine height.
Any body really dialed in so I can save some prop experimentation time and money?
crlwms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Boy that sounds like a small prop for that rig, how many rpm's is it turning with that 17. Most of the guys I know running that boat with Merc 90's seem to be using 3 bld 19's. One guy I know just went to a Suz. 90 and is turning up too many rpm with a 19 and expects to go to a 20 or 21 pitch (3 bld). I do know one guy running an etec 115 but don't know how it's propped. I do know it's fast.

jb
jonboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

The Suzuki gear ratio is different at 2.59:1 - I expect 21P is a good place to start.
I am turning okay RPM reasonably light - 5700 and about 46 mph. I think there is still a good deal of potential, not so much just speed but generally in rough water, with a load, etc. Also need to be able to deal with a load. 2 friends at 450# combined bogged me down a bit this past weekend.
crlwms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

I've got a 2005 with a Yam 2 stroke 90 on it. Current prop is standard 13x17 3 blade.

Wondering if anyone has put a 4 blade on this setup. I'm thinking a 4b 13x15 would be sweet. Likely plane at lower speeds which would help economy
sika is offline   Reply With Quote