TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > TribeNwater Boats > Hell's Bay Darkside Association

Hell's Bay Darkside Association Thread, Hell's Bay Boatworks and Gander Mountain in TribeNwater Boats; Originally Posted by Scooter OK , I'll bite .....what was Hells Bay about ??? Innovation, simplicity, quality, and finish....

LinkBack (10) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2007, 07:32 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
OK , I'll bite .....what was Hells Bay about ???
Innovation, simplicity, quality, and finish.
Capt Billy Rotne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:54 AM   #12 (permalink)

This boat was white and plane when sit to Gander, this boat is no testiment to Hells bay's second generation.
orlgheenoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:20 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlgheenoer View Post
This boat was white and plane when sit to Gander, this boat is no testiment to Hells bay's second generation.
What?
Swank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:22 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRH View Post
Glad you found your way over here. Did you leave the county again last weekend? Hope everyone was safe....

did leave the county, went up to Sea Island Ga....had fun...
Old 11-21-2007, 07:46 AM   #15 (permalink)

What Tanner means is that Hells Bay did not produce the skiff this way or do the wrap. After Gander Mountain obtained the skiff, they did the wrap.

It just didnt seem logical to me that hells bay would do that to a skiff.

I could easily see how a corporate company like Gander Mountain would feel this could be appealing, but they have severly misunderstood what makes hells bays appealing, and it is the opposite of whats wrapped around that skiff.

Put an ice blue/white glades skiff next to that one and it will sell quickly. I hope that skiff sits there long enough that they dont make that mistake again.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:16 AM   #16 (permalink)

Capitalism
Old 11-21-2007, 09:34 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Billy Rotne View Post
What Tanner means is that Hells Bay did not produce the skiff this way or do the wrap. After Gander Mountain obtained the skiff, they did the wrap.
I got the gist of what he was saying,
I just don't believe that skiff left HB
totally white with them having no knowledge
or participation in what happened to it after that...
I think that even if they didn't pay for the wrap
and god awful boat/trailer package they approved it.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:46 AM   #18 (permalink)

My guess is that gander bought a large number of boats to sell and do what they want with.

Im sure HB knows about it and probably told them they could do what ever they wanted to the skiff, but I doubt HB would manufacture the skiffs like that or sell them like that themselves.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:06 AM   #19 (permalink)

HB sold only 2 Glades Skiffs they had sitting around as a favor to Gander Mt. for the Jacksonville store opening and as a way to let people know they HB was back in operation with a new good owner. I understand that HB had no idea that they were going to put a garish wrap on the boat, and sell them for much more than you can go to HB and get your own skiff tricked out for!

I heard that HB is not happy with how Gander and will not be selling anthing other than the 2 Glades Skiff they already sold to them.
2shallow is offline   Reply With Quote