TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > TribeNwater Boats > Hell's Bay Darkside Association

Hell's Bay Darkside Association Thread, Waterman needs a good home in TribeNwater Boats; Thanks to everyone for your help. I am delivering my Waterman to its new owner tomorrow. He acctually was recomended ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2008, 08:47 AM   #11 (permalink)

It all but done

Thanks to everyone for your help. I am delivering my Waterman to its new owner tomorrow. He acctually was recomended by someone on this site (dont know who though) Thanks to howm ever you are... I will miss her but there is a great boat a commin...
flatbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:55 AM   #12 (permalink)

where is it being delivered?

Jacknasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:25 PM   #13 (permalink)

delivery

Meeting him in Daphne Al. it looks like. Turns out he is a member here. So I am glad I may still how the boats doing from time to time.. DARN! I wasn't this heartbroken over loosing my 1st wife ..LOL
Old 01-07-2008, 11:36 AM   #14 (permalink)

Waterman adopted Dad

LA Fly Guy is now the the adopted dad of the Waterman.. A really nice guy and a blast to talk to... It found a good home.....
Old 01-08-2008, 01:24 PM   #15 (permalink)

Darkside Forumites, LA Fly Guy here. Yep, I'm the new adopted dad of Corby's Waterman18 & elated. Enjoyed dealing with flatbroke (but for the time being he's no longer flatbroke...I might need to borrow his handle..LOL)...We had a great meeting and visit. Not only is he a straight shooter, but his entertaining charter stories were hilarious. The only downside of the event is that I returned home with a bout of a virus.... been down every since, but definitely on the mend. Master plan was to have fished the HB in the marsh, stealthing & challenging the reds Monday...but it didn't happen...& won't until normalcy returns.

flatbroke, I'll keep you updated on my relationship with our baby.... Also, since I didn't see or hear a name for it, I'm considering * Skinnydippin' * or * Hydrotheraphy *. There is also the cajun conotation * Bayou Self * since not many boats will go where this one will. Cheers, everybody....& thanks for the Darkside. LA Fly Guy
LA Fly Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
L I V I N - Livin

congrats on the boat. can't wait to see fishing pictures.
BoldWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:49 PM   #17 (permalink)

Congrats, welcome to the darkside.
Capt Billy Rotne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:38 AM   #18 (permalink)

Thanks for all of the *welcomes*, forumites. Darkside is truly a unique place where good info about a common love can be easily exchanged.

Well, son in law & I slipped out Sat.am for our initial trip in the Waterman. Our trip was somewhat stymied by bad weather & induced "redfish lockjaw". We, ultimately, only persuaded 4 to cooperate. But, had a ball! The performance of Corby's 02 Waterman18 w/ the 50merc was faultless. She was quick to start (even for the cold temp.) and ran smoothly. Controls were responsive and the hull's planing was remarkable comfortable. After running the main bayou and canal, we stealthed into the marsh and her drafting & poling capability were immediately apparent. (For this trip we had the hull weighted with max wt. - 2 anglers (200# ea), gear, fuel, pushpole, tr.mtr., ice, etc.) We floated & poled right at 6in. Remarkably, as light as these HBs are, I was blown by their sturdiness and rigidity (other manufacturers when striving for lt.wt. & micro drafting have hull torque issues....IMHO) This hull was solid!

Over the next week or so, I'll be in the process of doing some upgrading on the trailer and installing a removable sissy bar on the platform. But bottomline, I'm loving my new adoption, Corby's baby, and I vow to take care of her.

Darksiders, after the upgrade, pics will follow....
LA Fly Guy
Old 01-16-2008, 04:40 AM   #19 (permalink)

Hey could you post some pics of your removeable sissy bar. When ready. I'm thinkin of fabricating one myself.

Welcome to the Dark Side!!!! Great boat. I've been on one of Tom's.
hmaadd29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:55 AM   #20 (permalink)

hmadd29, I'll be glad to post pics...the fabrication shop, Sterling's in New Iberia, is the one that I use...IMHO they're the best down here. They've got the rig inshop and are proceeding with the sissy bar & trailer modifications. Completion should be later next week as we're awaiting ordered parts. Will be glad to take many pics and post 'em at that time. LFG (David)

PS: Need new name for the Waterman. Eliminated "Hydrotherapy" because we feel it is overused..."Bayou Self" is still in the running because of the So.LA connotation.... & wife won't let me name it "Skinny Dippin".... so I'm up for suggestions?