TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > TribeNwater Fishing Stories > Inshore Fishing Stories

Inshore Fishing Stories Thread, PC tarpon in TribeNwater Fishing Stories; I fished out of Port Canaveral with my friend Scott. Our goal was to find tarpon, and we did. We ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 08:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

PC tarpon

I fished out of Port Canaveral with my friend Scott. Our goal was to find tarpon, and we did. We left in Cocoa Beach at 7, locks, no wake zones, gas/coffee/ice at sunrise marina, cleared the port at 9. Whew!
We knew there was bait off Cocoa Beach, so that was our first stop. It wasn’t long before we spotted tarpon hammering bait. We rigged up two rods with 8" mullet on #8 circle hooks, 80# flouro leaders, and slow trolled them. We rebait after a couple short strikes and it’s fish on

Now it’s my turn

I’m sure I’ll get some rash, but it was a great pic, and I was behind the camera. BTW- The next fish flicked his head, snapping the lanyard on the boga and sent is sailing to the bottom of the atlantic. No more evil boga.
After going through 8 mullet and catching two tarpon, we were out of bait, but not ready to go home. Two throws of the castnet, and we were back in business, a baitwell full of menhaden. The greenies produced lots of short strikes, so we’d peel of a head and rebait every few minutes. But eventually we landed two more tarpon.

jaysea63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
L I V I N - Livin

beach tarpon

Way to go, nice tarpon.

I don't think lipping your fish is bad as long as most of is still supported in the water. In my opinion this is much better then the old school way of lip GAFFING them and dragging them in the boat for a photo.

Congratulations n the Tarpon.
BoldWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

I put a couple videos of our Sunday tarpon action on YouTube

We went back out today, jumped one tarpon and boated a monster. We would have done better but the sharks ate most of our bait.

John
jaysea63 is offline   Reply With Quote