TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > TribeNwater Fishing Stories > Inshore Fishing Stories

Inshore Fishing Stories Thread, KyTrkyHntr brings good luck to the Ghostrider in TribeNwater Fishing Stories; The day started around 0230 this morning with me not being able to sleep...tossing in turning hoping that the barometer, ...

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 06:40 PM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)

Redfish KyTrkyHntr brings good luck to the Ghostrider

The day started around 0230 this morning with me not being able to sleep...tossing in turning hoping that the barometer, moon and fish would not make me look foolish for a first trip with KyTrkyHntr. KyTrkyHntr arrived at the house at first light and we struck out in search of gold. Faced with a bone chilling 40 degrees we headed out in search of something to tighten our lines and bring a smile to our face.

The super low water was no match for the HPX....slide the boat in the basin and motored out the channel and laid the wood to the old girl. Straightened the bow into the direction of the promise land and was greeted by exposed and dry land. Up on the wheel dicing and slicing through inches of water only thing that touched the bottom of the boat was water...another proud boat owner day.

The yamaha screamed across the flats and the captain screamed as well cause it was colder than polar bear balls....I stayed in the throttle until the pain from cold was unbearable. The boat came to rest and I climbed up on the platform with KyTrkyHntr on point. It did not take long before we saw the ever familiar sight of a dark silhouette sliding across the bottom. The day proceeded with shot after shot at a single red or a pod of 20 or more reds. The fish were moving and eating a little - we saw a tail or two break the waters surface. KyTrkyHntr was the first to strike gold, followed by myself....through the day we danced with the gold mistress of the flats. Finding that some would dance and others would break and run for the cover.

KyTrkyHntr is the "Buddha" of the boat, breaking the fish-less curse. KyTrkyHntr - had a great day on the water...your welcome on the Ghostrider any day - thanks for tagging along and listening to my banter.

The days tally was 10 or so reds and a few trout....soft plastics and spoons were on the menu

A few treasures from the day

Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:27 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Scooter
Good job , Jim !!! Very nice pictures .
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

Enjoyed the read! Nice pics too.
reeljobmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

Best day I've had on the water!!

Thanks for the ride Chalk.... I really appreciate it!

Very !
KyTrkyHntr is offline   Reply With Quote