TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > TribeNwater Fishing Stories > Inshore Fishing Stories

Inshore Fishing Stories Thread, Estero Bay Redfish & Sheepshead in TribeNwater Fishing Stories; I fished a very windy Monday morning in Estero Bay with Jack McGrath, wife Suzanne, and fourteen-year-old daughter, Haley, on ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 07:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

Redfish Estero Bay Redfish & Sheepshead

I fished a very windy Monday morning in Estero Bay with Jack McGrath, wife Suzanne, and fourteen-year-old daughter, Haley, on 11/4/13. The family wanted to catch and release and just get some experience fishing in the backwaters. They used live shrimp to catch and release fifteen mangrove snapper, five of which were keeper-size, ten sheepshead, including two keeper-sized to 16 inches, a sand bream, two crevalle jacks and a stingray.
I fished offshore a few times, and that report can be viewed in the offshore forum.

Saturday morning, 11/9, with winds still blowing 20 knots, Bob and Stephanie Rose chose to fish inshore in Estero Bay. Right off the bat, we had a big redfish take a shrimp and break the line. Shortly after that, Bob caught a 23-inch redfish. Stephanie caught a nice sheepshead at 15 inches, and a keeper mangrove snapper. The couple released several smaller sheepshead and a dozen mangrove snapper shorts, along with a crevalle jack.

The photo shown is of angler Bob Bastuba with a 24 1/2-inch redfish, caught on shrimp in estero Bay on a recent inshore Fishbuster Charter.
fishbuster@comcast.net is offline   Reply With Quote