TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > TribeNwater Fishing Stories > Inshore Fishing Stories

Inshore Fishing Stories Thread, SW FL-Bonita Beach: Estero Bay sheepshead, drum , snapper in TribeNwater Fishing Stories; We had heavy rains most of the week of 6/5/17, then rough seas for a couple of days. I was ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2017, 06:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

Redfish SW FL-Bonita Beach: Estero Bay sheepshead, drum , snapper

We had heavy rains most of the week of 6/5/17, then rough seas for a couple of days. I was in port most of that week, but got to fish my only backwater trip, in south Estero Bay on Friday, 6/9, with Ashton Lockhart and his nine-year-old daughter, Barrett. Barrett is proud to say she caught more fish than her dad did, but they collectively caught two limits of keeper mangrove snapper to 12 inches, along with a 14 inch black drum and a 16-inch black drum (Barrett is also proud to say she caught the bigger one!) They released a 3-pound sail-cat probably due to all the rain and fresh water influx), along with one short sheepshead and six smaller snapper. They lost a couple of fish that snapped the line--maybe reds. Everything bit on live shrimp.

The rest of this month's trips were offshore, and details and pic can be viewed in my offshore forum report.
fishbuster@comcast.net is offline   Reply With Quote