TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > TribeNwater Boats > Inshore/Flats

Inshore/Flats Thread, New Stuff Coming... in TribeNwater Boats; what are you showing?...

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 07:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
L I V I N - Livin

what are you showing?
BoldWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:59 AM   #12 (permalink)

He already told you. A sense of humor.
I am not sure what bending a thin layer of material is supposed to mean to anyone. I also do not understand what all the ultra high end materials are supposed to do. Anyone can say a boat is ___Lbs lighter, but no manufacturer is showing any difference in draft numbers due to any amount of carbon or aramid. I can appreciate rigidity, but paying thousands more to draft 1/2" less does not make sense to me.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:03 PM   #13 (permalink)

i think they are showing you that as crazy strong and light as these new materials are that are going into these boats they are also flexible. Drafts are also so shallow now that a half inch can be a significant improvement . Mostly these new materials will make your boats lighter,last longer,and perform better. Also we now know that Kevin went to the Zoolander institute for really really ridiculously good looking people...
Attached Images

Capt Cowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:05 PM   #14 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Scooter
Or...just maybe it's a tunnel ...or pocket....or both .
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:50 AM   #15 (permalink)

I still see 60's Mitchell's, Willy's, Doyle Spinfisher's, and a host of other boats built with now "inferior" material. Yeah, these new materials are great, but we may have exceeded the point of diminishing returns. Marketing, marketing.

jb
jonboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 06:04 PM   #16 (permalink)

would like to see em make em cheaper
hmaadd29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:57 AM   #17 (permalink)

Hey, not trying to get anything started with Kevin here, draft is just one part of the equation in the design of a skiff. The weight, beam, dead rise and length are a part as well. Poll a skiff that weighs 500 pounds less then another for the day and you may appreciate the lighter skiff more. On the other hand, build a skiff to light for the design and you may have other problems.
As for marketing the materials that the skiff is made from, they are just a part of a skiff, they don’t attribute to the total package. Good materials make a boat stronger and lighter as well as last longer over time. We put a 60- 4 stroke on our skiff and it will run 41 to 43 mph. Add the 500 pounds that cheaper materials would weight and the benefits are lost…
GSAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:38 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSAW View Post
Hey, not trying to get anything started with Kevin here, draft is just one part of the equation in the design of a skiff. The weight, beam, dead rise and length are a part as well. Poll a skiff that weighs 500 pounds less then another for the day and you may appreciate the lighter skiff more. On the other hand, build a skiff to light for the design and you may have other problems.
As for marketing the materials that the skiff is made from, they are just a part of a skiff, they don’t attribute to the total package. Good materials make a boat stronger and lighter as well as last longer over time. We put a 60- 4 stroke on our skiff and it will run 41 to 43 mph. Add the 500 pounds that cheaper materials would weight and the benefits are lost…
Bingo! I was going to reply after we were done testing. All is true, and also power could/can be less to gain the same performance in speed or added cruise/range by going same or less, or even bring the price down on a skiff as well if less power is needed.... I love composites
Kevin
East Cape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:28 AM   #19 (permalink)

did somebody say Bingo? Everyone stay in your seats till we confirm Kevins bingo
Capt Cowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:26 PM   #20 (permalink)