TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > TribeNwater Boats > Maintence / Questions / Tutorials

Maintence / Questions / Tutorials Thread, Yamaha 70 overheating in TribeNwater Boats; Did the cleaning work? My engine is doing the same thing even after a new impeller. There is corrosion at ...

LinkBack (5) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 03:18 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Michael
Overheating Yamaha. 1994 C75

Did the cleaning work? My engine is doing the same thing even after a new impeller. There is corrosion at the bottom cylinder gasket. I have a 94 Yamaha.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:37 AM   #12 (permalink)

Yes it did. Cleaning and new thermostat fixed the issue.
EricY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:17 AM   #13 (permalink)

Ha Eric did you finsh your challenger rebuild would realy like to see it , I got a 1957 great old boat. Chuck
cusnooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:46 PM   #14 (permalink)

Not yet, still working on it. It got put on the back burner due to work and family, but I've been back at it for a couple months now. Seems to be a never ending list of things to complete, but I'm moving forward.

All the fiberglass work is done, so now it's paint and rigging. Oh yeah, and sanding. Then some more sanding. Did I mention sanding...
EricY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #15 (permalink)

I have the same motor and the same problem, followed the advice and it worked. It was not the impeller. The impeller can eject water out of the motor with a good stream even if the motor is clogged around the cylinders like my motor was. My motor would overheat after full throttle for about a minute. I would idle the motor and take off at low speed with out problems. It would run ok at low speeds. I will have the head taken off and serviced from regularly from now on. I also was introduced to a product called "Salt Away" and it"s flushed through the motor after a day out. It seems to be helping. I never used that product before, but when I spray on the boat and trailer the salt coat just disappears.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:11 PM   #16 (permalink)

I had this done to my 1994 Yamaha 75 and it fixed the overheating problem. The water can come out out of with the motor clogged in these areas. I can run wide open again without the overheat alarm going off. Thanks!!