TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > TribeNwater Boats > Maintence / Questions / Tutorials

Maintence / Questions / Tutorials Thread, Carbon fiber platform in TribeNwater Boats; I looked in some of the threads and haven't seen any so I was wondering if anyone has had a ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 03:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Carbon fiber platform

I looked in some of the threads and haven't seen any so I was wondering if anyone has had a carbon fiber poling platform made for their boat. I am planning some major overhauling of my whipray and wanted to know if anyone had any experience with the carbon set up. Thanks.

"It's not the number of years in your life that matters. It's the amount of life in your years."
-Abraham Lincoln
minnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

We use CarbonMarine.com and Joe does a REALLY good job...
If you go to our forum we have pics and video showing the platform. He's done quite a few and all are superb! Hope this helps?
Kevin
East Cape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 05:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Capt. Fred got his Lostmen! on Vimeo
IRLyRiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by East Cape View Post
We use CarbonMarine.com and Joe does a REALLY good job...
If you go to our forum we have pics and video showing the platform. He's done quite a few and all are superb! Hope this helps?
Kevin
I saw some of the platforms from carbon marine. They look sweet. I'm hoping the design I have in mind is able to be fabricated with the material. I would like to move the platform about 8 inches forward from it's current location. I also need it to come down about 3 inches for stability. My biggest concern is the mounting room for the base plates. Anyone know about how much they weigh?

"It's not the number of years in your life that matters. It's the amount of life in your years."
-Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-04-2009, 09:37 AM   #5 (permalink)

Weight of Carbon Marine Carbon Fiber Poling Paltforms

Minnow,

Using my current design. The weight is 14-16 lbs depending on the overall height and design size. Typically 18" x 34" deck and 32-34" in height. Give me a call to discuss your design. I would love to help you fabricate it. I have a few new ideas to decrease the weight more.

Float Shallower,
Joe
Carbon Marine
Carbon Marine Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon Marine Joe View Post
Minnow,

Using my current design. The weight is 14-16 lbs depending on the overall height and design size. Typically 18" x 34" deck and 32-34" in height. Give me a call to discuss your design. I would love to help you fabricate it. I have a few new ideas to decrease the weight more.

Float Shallower,
Joe
Carbon Marine
Thanks Joe. I will be over by tampa August 28th through the 30th. If possible I'd like to bring the boat to you and we can see what we can figure out.

-Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-06-2009, 03:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

Just a quick question. How much weight does a carbon fiber platform save over an aluminum one?

I've picked up a few aluminum ones before they were mounted and was amazed how light they were.

TY
Bill@NSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:43 PM   #8 (permalink)

I don't know who made it, but a friend of mine during the Don Hawley Tarpon Tournament was using one on the clients boat that he was fishing ( forward casting platform). At the dock, the front lip of the platform was was over the planks of the dock and the bow of the boat was under the dock. When the angler stepped aboard the top of the platform ripped up, but not off. I don't think aluminum would have done that.

Anyway it was a very expensive morning and the platform never got used even once. Being made of carbon fiber or whatever high tech material I'm sure it was repairable, but a pain in the butt for sure.

jb
jonboat is offline   Reply With Quote