TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > TribeNwater Boats > Maintence / Questions / Tutorials

Maintence / Questions / Tutorials Thread, Best Deck Protection Tape? in TribeNwater Boats; I've got a newly refinished 03Waterman18. I want to protect strategic locations on the deck surface from abrasive abuse & ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2010, 06:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

Redfish Best Deck Protection Tape?

I've got a newly refinished 03Waterman18. I want to protect strategic locations on the deck surface from abrasive abuse & scratches. I've seen this white (large width), near permanent, covering tape that would probably do the job for me. Anybody have any input on this product & where would I locate it. The topside surface had a smooth textured to it & was snow white in color. The 2 deck areas that I'm concerned with are along side the tr.mtr. prop if & when it happens to fall out of the mount onto the deck & on the floor under the drink box as we slide it in/out from under the seat. Thanks, LFG
LA Fly Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

Deck Tape

Several years ago I bought and affixed to the gunwale area by my ladder a product which had a self adhesive backing pliable plastic square with a textured surface and measured approximately 6"x4". I seem to recall I purchased it a local Academy store here in Houston. This product has definitely helped to keep this highly used area protected from scratches to the gel coat surface. I would check out overtones.com or westmarine.com to determine if they have a similar product. Good Luck.
Bigdogpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

Why not go with a thin layer of SeaDek?
Net 30 is offline   Reply With Quote