TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > TribeNwater Community > Marine Art

Marine Art Thread, Testing out the new lens 2.7.2008 in TribeNwater Community; This was my 1st outing with my new 400mm lens.. I love this thing. I can't imagine what the more ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2008, 09:13 AM   #1 (permalink)

Testing out the new lens 2.7.2008

This was my 1st outing with my new 400mm lens.. I love this thing. I can't imagine what the more expensive lens those sports photographer could do.
Keep in mind I'm pretty much a hack at this photography thing. For the most part I just point and shoot. I have been learning a few things for reading books and articles here and there and it has helped big time.

The lighting on the birds was mid day so it was a bit harsh. But I was bored so I took a few shots. I accidently got one in motion with a slow shutter speed and it look pretty cool.

The tailing reds shot were done in the golded hours of lighting. As you can see the new lens allowed me to get really close detailed shots. I'm very pleased and can't wait to use it down south for Tarpon/Bones and Permit.

The sunset shots were taken right a day break. I had to raised the ISO to get enough light in there. I can tell it's a little grainy. I'm just learning how to mess with that stuff so bare with me as I do my trial and error.

apollobeachsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
L I V I N - Livin

fishing, bird, photos

they are all great but i love the flying pelican shot.

very cool stuff, keep it up man.
BoldWater is offline   Reply With Quote