TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > TribeNwater Community > Marine Art

Marine Art Thread, Tourist attraction in TribeNwater Community; I did four paintings for an OUTER LIMITS gallery show at Creature Features in Burbank a few years ago and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2017, 01:09 AM   #1 (permalink)

Tourist attraction

I did four paintings for an OUTER LIMITS gallery show at Creature Features in Burbank a few years ago and the idea was to do art that not everybody was going to do, because they didn't want it to be a "zanti misfit" show or whatever. So...what I decided to do was paint creatures that I thought were funny when I was watching the show for the first time at age eleven back in 1963 and on. One of the funniest was the Icthyosaurus. The antediluvian creature is supposed to look like a combination of a dolphin and an alligator but Wah Chang designed a big ole froggy which I thought looked like a guest star on Kukla, Fran, and Ollie. While I almost busted a gut looking at that face, it turned out to be the most expensive prop for the series that Project Unilimited created. The painting turned out ok if I do say so myself....sort of a silk purse out of a Salientian's ear. Acrylic on stretched canvas at 24 x 36

For more details : teaser trailer
JensenBreck is offline   Reply With Quote