TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > TribeNwater Community > Marine Art

Marine Art Thread, Adrian E. Gray in TribeNwater Community; I thought many of you may enjoy seeing some artwork from a friend of mine. Adrian is the real deal ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2007, 10:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
L I V I N - Livin

Adrian E. Gray

I thought many of you may enjoy seeing some artwork from a friend of mine.

Adrian is the real deal and his work always inspires me.

Adrian E. Gray only discovered his liking for expressing art late in life. With no formal training in painting and more of a grasp for drawing he picked up some brushes and paints in 2003. He does not know what inspired him really…. it was more of a calling. To paint something. A natural gift.

As a young boy growing up in East London and Port Alfred, South Africa he always had a fascination for marine life and for fishing. His parents Edwin and Kate would take Adrian to the rocky-intertidal beaches where he learned about fish and their habitats. His parents gave him books to read about these fish and Adrian’s hunger to learn more grew and grew.

In the late 80’s Adrian’s family moved to New York, USA. While his family did not live on the water as they did in Africa, his father made sure Adrian’s healthy distraction for the love of marine life was kept alive. He purchased the family a boat and at 16 years of age the boat became Adrian’s outlet for learning all of New York’s fishing splendors. From fishing for salmon and steelhead in the Lake Ontario and its tributaries, to bluefish and stripers in Long Island Sound he learned about and appreciated the mystery and beauty of these fish.

The TV shows Walker’s Cay Chronicles with Flip Pallot and The Spanish Fly with Jose Wejebe enhanced Adrian’s desire to move where it was warm and fishing would be a year round option. In 1995 Adrian was accepted to the University of Miami where he fulfilled a four year Bachelor’s Degree in the Marine Sciences and quickly picked up on all the fishing to be had in South Florida. After University, Adrian went to work as an image analyst for an oceanographic consulting firm in Miami. It was there that he was trained in the graphics and visual arts media. Four years flew by and something more creative kept calling him to move on into a career that would be more entwined with fishing and visual arts. In 2004 Adrian was hired as the production/graphics coordinator for the International Game Fish Association (IGFA) where he works today producing the book of World Record Game Fishes, the International Angler and various other IGFA related media.

In the mix, Adrian paints when he is not out on the water on a new adventure. The enthusiasm and support he has received over the past two years regarding his artwork has been immense. His goal is to build his collection with six new originals in 2007.

---------

check out his site.

HOME
BoldWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:50 AM   #2 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Nice work. Thanks for sharing.

Brian

BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 05:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

Awsome painting, I bet that would go well with all the other bad azz art you have in your house Derek! I bet it would go well in my house too lol.....I still want your mangrove table centerpeice!
Capt Billy Rotne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 04:33 AM   #4 (permalink)

Very nice!!