TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > TribeNwater Community > Marine Industry News

Marine Industry News Thread, Spanish Fly TV in TribeNwater Community; Spanish Fly TV - Capt. Jose Wejebe Some the greatest adventures in sport fishing are highlighted each week on ESPN2’s ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2007, 09:04 AM   #1 (permalink)

Spanish Fly TV

Spanish Fly TV - Capt. Jose Wejebe

Some the greatest adventures in sport fishing are highlighted each week on ESPN2’s longest running outdoor program, The Spanish Fly. Host Jose Wejebe is happy to share his journeys, whether on his home waters of the Florida Keys, or in some exotic locale like Venezuela, Costa Rica or even Brazil.

Welcome to SpanishFlyTV Theater

Vida Del Mar Show Schedule

Captain Jose Wejebe's latest offering is a true odyssey for anglers. He is going below the surface to bring us Vida del Mar, or Life of the Sea. Each week he combines his considerable knowledge of marine life with his own breathtaking underwater footage to present a perspective anglers and outdoorsmen rarely get.
However, this is not just a series of pretty underwater pictures. Captain Jose clearly explains all the behavior and environment we see, and how understanding the life below the surface can make us all better fishermen. There are some amazing things happening below the surface and Vida del Mar is going to share it with the world.

The Saltwater Tacklebox is simply the breakdown of some of the fishing techniques and gear that you see used in the show. Behind every fishing scene is an underlying story. First, Spanish Fly shows you the actual catch. Then the Tacklebox shows you in a 2-5 minute tips segment how the catch was done and what equipment was used.

Show Schedule - 2008
Hello y'all,
Welcome to the 2008 season of Spanish Fly, Vida del Mar and other assorted salt water goodies that are on ESPN 2's Saltwater Sunday block. The shows starts airing on December 30th, 2007. We've been to some interesting spots and met some great people in the process, hopefully you'll get to go there and get to know some of these people and places as well, even if it is vicariously through the tube.
Some of these places are close to home such as Key West, Islamorada and Florida Bay, and others are literally half way around the world in Australia. It drives home the point for me that fishing and the saltwater world is an adventure whether it is in your back yard or some far-off place. Water with salt and fish added makes a good medium for some fun events.
Really hope you enjoy and welcome your feedback,

Capt. Jose Wejebe

Last edited by Marine Industry News; 12-12-2007 at 09:14 AM.
Marine Industry News is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

Incredible website, awesome video footage. Thumbs up to all involved!
reeljobmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 10:16 AM   #3 (permalink)

Cant wait to see it!
Capt Billy Rotne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

For some reason I missed this post until now. The new season is awesome. I can't pick a favorite episode, but one that sticks out is the Isla Mujeres trip. I didn't blink for the entire episode. Also digging the Coiba stuff.

Loving the tackle box section on the site, too. Keep rocking.
TroutTouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

The new season rocks man. Also digging the different sections on your site. Loving the tackle box stuff.
TroutTouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:35 AM   #6 (permalink)

I dig the show ..

I DVR the show every sunday. I've heard alot of folks on other forums bash Jose Wejebe but I've never even met the dude, Rob seems pretty cool though. I really like the program cuz' they show some beautiful waters. Besides, it's of only 3 saltwater fishing show I can get over here in the panhandle.

Spanish Fly
Big Game Saltwater fishing
Ocean Hunters
Old 03-22-2009, 07:34 AM   #7 (permalink)

Wind blowin'. So, I just happened to catch it this morning. I always like the show.
Bill@NSB is offline   Reply With Quote