TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > TribeNwater Fishing Stories > Skinny Water Stories

Skinny Water Stories Thread, The new ride in 3-5' in TribeNwater Fishing Stories; Making up for lost fishing time, I was suppose to get out with Loukii on Monday but he had something ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2007, 07:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

The new ride in 3-5'

Making up for lost fishing time, I was suppose to get out with Loukii on Monday but he had something to do. I asked Stowaway and he couldn't do it. I called Spf105 but he had to be at work by 11am(in St.Pete).

Looking at the Monday forecast of 15-20mph w/ 3-5' seas I figured they probably made a good decision. Then I got a pm from Moe (Rusty) saying he wasn't in class all week and didn't work til night. Since Rusty was a young skinny lad.. I figured his body could take the pounding of 3-5' seas and getting soaking wet by the sea spray we would probably encounter. I gave him a call and told him what to expect and if he still wanted to go and he was game.

6am again at the ramp.. this time we were the ONLY fools there. I tried a couple of safe havens with zero to show for it. Looking at the skunk in they eye I ask Rusty.. you want to stay dry or you want to catch fish? I knew what the answer would be as I dawn my rain jacket.

Staying closer in and encountering only 2-4' we didn't get as wet as I expected for the short run. With the North wind instead of a +1.2 we were facing negative low tides. Bumping the bottom a few times I knew there would be a trouble spot soon.

The pseudo premonition was proven fact. These fishing grounds were accessible only by a handful of skinny skiff and my new boat, even though it took a good chop, wasn't one of them.

Grabbing our wading gear we abandon the boat on a sand bar and took the 1/2 mile walk.(Yep, I miss my Gladesmen right about now) After about 15minutes of nothing the mullet started to get active. We were there at the right place, the right time. The fish ate good and we had a blast pulling reds side by side. The action lasted about 1.5 hour and we pulled in 15 reds and 1 trout. 5 were small and the rest were mid slot with 4 in the upper slot.

However the most exciting part of the day was when we walked back and couldn't see the boat. Then we saw a flats boat get up on plane near our location. My heart sank thinking the worst. Luckily we turn the corner and see my boat still sitting on sand.

We pushed it off the bar and take the wet ride back to the ramp but this time Rusty was all smiles. Thanks for taking the chance in rough weather I'm glad it was worth it.

ps. yes I need to shave..
apollobeachsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:03 AM   #2 (permalink)

i hate u, good job.
IRLyRiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

What kind of boat did you get?

Jacknasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 07:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
L I V I N - Livin

great sam!
BoldWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknasty View Post
What kind of boat did you get?

Thanks guys..

I picked up at 98 Maverick Mirage2 w/ 50 hours...its' in great condition and rides very nice.
apollobeachsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Bloodydecks

Send a message via AIM to Jason
That looks like so much fun.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:58 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollobeachsam View Post
Thanks guys..

I picked up at 98 Maverick Mirage2 w/ 50 hours...its' in great condition and rides very nice.

congrats, and welcome to the M/H/P family

Jacknasty is offline   Reply With Quote