TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > TribeNwater Fishing Stories > Skinny Water Stories

Skinny Water Stories Thread, the drive home today in TribeNwater Fishing Stories; after yesterday's adventure, i went to work this morning with a renewed sense of well being. I felt alive again. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2007, 06:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

the drive home today

after yesterday's adventure, i went to work this morning with a renewed sense of well being. I felt alive again. i felt good. getting to work i actually walked in with a smile on my nearly sun burnt face. My day at work turned out to be like any other in corp. america. high stress, and fast paced. more responsibility tossed onto an already over flowing plate, yet i still felt good. i could take what ever they had to throw at me. every time i sat down at my computer, i found myself day dreaming about my next outing. looking forward to some time on the water alone again.

nine hours later, and some what burnt out from the days work load i got into my truck for the 45 minute drive home to my family. i didnt realize but my mind had already started putting my memories from the day before in the back corners behind all the other faded memories. i was thinking about what my kids had done for the day, how was school, is my wife feeling ok, i wonder what we'll do for dinner.

i turned my truck onto the onramp of I95 north and began to accelerate, easing in front of an eighteen wheeler as he hauled Americas needs from one location to another and my mind was contemplating all the joys of a father. did i pay all the bills already? i sure hope my stocks dont fall, my kids need the college money. oh my god. my kids will be growing up soon. why do things happen so fast? not one thought passed through my mind about the beauty i had witnessed the day prior.

i was less than 5 miles into my trip home when i saw something that slowed my racing mind again. in broad daylight, on the side of 95 at 1820hrs there stood a doe, and a yearling feeding in the tall grass not yet cut by the mowers i had passed while entering the main artery of florida. i quickly down shifted and pulled my truck to the side of the road and got out. just to watch. i watched those to deer as they ate. they never flinched as life passed them by in a whirl wind. cars, trucks, and vehicles that defy description, some at 85mph or better. the deer never moved except to pluck at the earths bounty. it was then i felt it creep back into my head. it's time to slow down.

i got back into my truck, turned the radio off, and hurled my self northward. i have a family to feed. the rest of my drive was peaceful. i didnt notice the folks i was passing, or the ones passing me by. like worker bees, everybody has a job to do, and they are in a hurry to do it. i find myself being a worker bee.

although i want to give my family all that they deserve, i will not stray from my lifes ambitions, but i will try to be more like those deer. maybe like the gators i watched yesterday morning in the rising sun. or the young dolphin who joined me in part of my trek through haulover. i will take the time to smell the water, and taste the air. i cant get yesterday out of my mind. i cant get those deer out of my mind. i find happiness in their beauty. i find happiness knowing i will be on the water again soon. a lot can be learned from the life just outside your window. you sometimes have to slow down to see it. i will approach the new day a little slower tomorrow.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Are you taking writing classes? Another good report. I usually just try and contain homicidal rages on my drive home.

tha drive home today

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

afta yesterday's adventure, i went ta work this morn'n wit a renewed sense of wiznell be'n . Drop it like its hot. I F-to-tha-izzelt alive again fo' sheezy. i fiznelt good fo shizzle. mackin' ta work i actually walked in wit a smile on mah nearly sun burnt face now mother****ers lemme here ya say hoe. My day at W-to-tha-izzork turned out ta be like any otha in ciznorp . Death row 187 4 life. america. hizzy stress, n fizzle paced. mizzy responsibility tossed onto an already over flow'n plate, yet i stizzay felt good so show some love niggaz. i could takes what ever tizzle had ta throw at me. every time i sat down at mah computa, i found me day dream'n `bout mah next out'n. look'n forward ta some time on tha wata alone again n' ****.

nine hours lata, n some whizzay biznurnt out from tha days W-to-tha-izzork load i gots into mah truck fo` tha 45 minute drive home ta mah family. i diznidnt realize but mah mind had already started messin' mah memories from tha day before in tha bizzy playa behind all tha mother****a faded memories. i was think'n `bout whizzat mah kids had dizzy fo` tha day, how was school, is mah wife feel'n ok, i wonda wizzle we'll do fo` dinna.

i turned mah triznuck onto tha onramp of I95 nizzorth n began ta accelizzle eas'n in F-R-to-tha-izzont of an eighteen wheela as he hauled Americas needs fizzle one location ta anotha n mah mind was chillin' all tha joys of a playa mah nizzle. did i pay all tha bills already? i sure hizzle mah stocks dizzy fall, mah kids need tha college money. oh mah god . Aint no stoppin' this **** nigga. mah kids wizzill be grow'n up soon. why do ridin' happen so fast? not one thought passed through mah mind `bout tha beauty i had witnessed tha day prior . Im crazy, you can't phase me.

i was less thizzan 5 miles into mah trip home W-H-to-tha-izzen i saw sum-m sum-m that slowed mah rhymin' mind again n ****. in broad daylight, on tha side of 95 at 1820hrs there stood a doe, n a yearl'n feed'n in tha tizzy grass not yet cut by tha rappa i had passed while chillin' tha main artery of florida , chill yo. i quickly down shifted n pulled mah truck ta tha side of tha road n gots out. jizzle ta watch . You'se a flea and I'm the big dogg. i watched those ta deer as tizzle ate fo' real. they shot calla flinched as life passed them by in a whirl wind in tha mutha ****in club. ciznars, trucks, n vehicles tizzy defy description, some at 85mph or betta. tha deer neva moved except ta pliznuck at tha earths bounty. it was then i fiznelt it creep back into mah heezee. it's tizzy ta slow dizzay.

i gots bizzy into mah truck, turned tha radio off, n hurled mah self northward. i hizzle a family ta feed. tha rest of mah drive was peaceful so you betta run and grab yo glock. i D-to-tha-izzidnt notice tha folks i was pass'n, or tha ones bustin' me by . Im a bad boy wit a lotta hos. like brotha bees, everybody has a job ta do, n they is in a hurry ta do it . You gotta check dis **** out yo. i find me being a brotha bee . Slap your mutha ****in self.

although i wizzy ta gizzle mah family all that they deserve, i wizzy not stray from mah lifes ambitions, but i will try ta be mizzle like those dea. maybe like tha gators i watched yesterday morn'n in tha cruisin' sun. or tha young dolphin who joined me in piznart of mah trek through haulova with the S-N-double-O-P. i wizzay takes tha time ta smizzay tha cracka n taste tha air . Boo-Yaa!. i cant git yesterday out of mah mind. i cizzay git those deer out of mah mind. i find happiness in they beauty n' ****. i find happiness clockin' i wizzill be on tha brotha again soon. a lot can be learned friznom tha life jizzle outside yo window . Keep the party crackin while I'm steady rappin'. you sometizzles have ta slizzay down ta see it. i will approach tha new day a shawty slowa tomorrow.

Last edited by IRLyRiser; 08-07-2007 at 07:36 PM.
IRLyRiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
mwk
Banned

I drive under 7mi home, but I get to see cows,horses,donkeys,turkeys,eagles.

When I turn down the rd that leads to my house, I sorta leave that rat race behind.for a little while longer anyway
mwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:29 AM   #4 (permalink)

Very nice Curtis...and so very true.
Flats Dude is offline   Reply With Quote