TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > Species to be ID'd

Species to be ID'd Thread, Wildlife Tracks in ; While in NC I found these wildlife tracks along the bank of the creek we were staying on. There were ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2008, 06:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
MT1

Wildlife Tracks

While in NC I found these wildlife tracks along the bank of the creek we were staying on. There were also a lot of Raccoon tracks, but I was not sure exactly what these were from. Looked like Cat or K9 to me.

We think we saw either a Fox or Bobcat one night. After dark while down at the the creek with a fire going for kicks my wife says, shine your spotlight in the woods to look for wildlife. So I shine it down a trail path to the far end of the property to the creek and there are 2 Green eyes looking back at us about 30 yds out. When it turned to go the other direction it appeared to be orange in color.

The 1st 2 pics are 1 set of Tracks on one end of the property we were on. The Third pic, the tracks were right were I am standing.

These pics below are another track, but almost washed away from the rain. It was much clearer the day we got there but did not get a pic soon enough. 2nd pic is the spot tracks were, to the right.

MT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 07:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
mwk
Banned

Dog track...... .maybe a fox hard to tell the size.

Cat's have different pads and you don't usually see claw marks
mwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 08:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
MT1

The tracks were pretty big, whatever it was it was pretty large. My wife even commented that they were almost as big as her fist.

I was thinking maybe dog as well but I did not see any around where we were.
But this was my first thought until the night we spotted the animal on the trail.

The wildlife we saw that night did not act like a dog. It froze in it's tracks as long as I had the light on it, 30 secs or so, until I moved the light around to take it off of it, to see if it would move. Then it leisurely turned around and disappeared.

Was not sure if the fact that the eyes reflected "green" if that was a lead as to what it was.
MT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
mwk
Banned

coyote or cur dog

maybe
mwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ali

Looks big for a coyote???

But I would guess K9.

Wolf?