TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > TribeNwater Fishing > TribeNwater Tackle Box

TribeNwater Tackle Box Thread, Sunglasses in TribeNwater Fishing; Costa Wave killer 580's. Love the glasses, but same problem with the rubber....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2008, 06:25 PM   #21 (permalink)

Costa Wave killer 580's. Love the glasses, but same problem with the rubber.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:28 PM   #22 (permalink)
JRH

Costa is coming out with a new lens color:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Costa Del Mar™ Celebrates 25th Anniversary with New Lens Technology

Costa 580™ Silver Mirror Lens Debuts at ICAST

Daytona Beach, Fla., July 15, 2008 - As far as anniversaries go, 25 is one of the big ones, traditionally celebrated as the silver milestone. This year marks Costa Del Mar's™ 25th anniversary and they're celebrating by debuting the newest evolution of its unparalleled polarized performance sunglass technology: the Costa 580™ silver mirror lens.

Launching at the American Sportfishing Association's International Convention of Allied Sportfishing Trades (ICAST) in Las Vegas July 16 - 18, the Costa 580 silver mirror lens is the most revolutionary update to sunglass lens technology to happen since the company launched its blue and green mirror lens in 1986 and 1989, respectively.

The Costa 580 silver mirror lens is built on a high contrast copper-based glass, similar to Costa's green mirror lens. But even more so than other mirror lens options, the silver lens higher light transmission is built to accommodate lower light conditions, making it 'must have' gear for supreme freshwater sight fishing, or any other outdoor adventure that takes you through variable light environments.

All Costa 580 lenses block yellow light from entering the eye, cutting glare and raising visual acuity. Other colors, like red, blue and green, are seen at extraordinary levels, with the 580 lens technology providing unmatched definition and color saturation. The wearer sees the world with clearer vision, better sharpness and reduced glare.

The superior 580 lens technology features anti-reflective coating and the strongest embedded UV protection available to help prevent eye fatigue and sun damage to the eye, an important point for anglers, boaters and outdoor enthusiasts who live to see the adventure.

"People who wear our Costa 580 lenses say it's like seeing the world through HD sunglasses," said Chas MacDonald, president of Costa Del Mar. "Now, the 580 silver mirror lens will give them that HD experience at even lower light conditions. So whether you're fishing in a heavily shaded area or spotting fish through murky water, the 580 silver mirror is going to let you see farther than ever before."

Costa's new 580 silver mirror lens is available in all except rimless and shields of the company's signature 'forget-they're-on' comfort fit frames, with retail prices ranging starting at $209. For a complete list, visit www.costadelmar.com.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:07 AM   #23 (permalink)

****.... I just picked up a new pair of Costas I ordered today
with the green mirror lenses in the silver teak frames, the
silver lens would have been sweet.
Swank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:21 PM   #24 (permalink)

Silver lens = metro

All kidding aside it sounds like a possible breakthrough. Might have to check them out.
TroutTouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:06 PM   #25 (permalink)

Just got my Man-O-War green mirror 580's back. They are the best sunglasses I have tried yet. Even better than Fathom's.
IRLyRiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:10 PM   #26 (permalink)

Was wearing the Costa Ex-Frames until they got rid of them. Then went to the Costa Fathoms. I think they're the 400 lenses, grey glass. Love 'em!

Brad, that's warranty work, cost of shipping and they should have you a brand new pair.
fins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:39 AM   #27 (permalink)

Costa Triple Tail's with the 580 lense. Hands down best glasses and lens ever.
skinnywater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:22 AM   #28 (permalink)

Costa Hammerhead 580 amber. the lens fell out while duck hunting last year, called costa told them i was driving the boat and the wind blew it out and hit me in the face. I had a new pair in 5 days.

however i have anice pair of walmart 10 dollar polarized for duckhunting in the future
Thalassia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:18 AM   #29 (permalink)
mwk
Banned

Sent my Costas in...........just got them back.

Brand new pair, case and all.

Just when I was thinking about getting a new pair from some one different.

I'm going stick with Costas maybe try out those new ones that are coming out.
mwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:02 AM   #30 (permalink)

How long did it take to send them off and get them back mikey?

I need to send in my triple tails but I can't even stand to be w/o them for a day. Nose pieces are deteriorating and lens looks funny in one small spot.
brew1891 is offline   Reply With Quote