TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > TribeNwater Community > Tropical Plants/ Gardening

Tropical Plants/ Gardening Thread, Plumeria common name Frangipani in TribeNwater Community; we have a bunch of plumeria at our home in merritt island...so far these are the colors that have bloomed. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2007, 06:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
L I V I N - Livin

Plumeria common name Frangipani

we have a bunch of plumeria at our home in merritt island...so far these are the colors that have bloomed. i have 3 that have not flowered yet.

Plumeria (common name Frangipani; syn. Himatanthus Willd. ex Roem. & Schult.) is a small genus of 7-8 species native to tropical and subtropical America. The genus consists of mainly deciduous shrubs and trees. P. rubra (Common Frangipani, Red Frangipani), native to Mexico, Central America, and Venezuela, produces flowers ranging from yellow to pink depending on form or cultivar. From Mexico and Central America, Plumeria has spread to all tropical areas of the world, especially Hawaii, where it grows so abundantly that many people think that it is indigenous there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plumeria

BoldWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:17 AM   #2 (permalink)

I have a few in my yard. There is a Plumeria nursery down here and I went a little crazy. Aztec Gold, magnum opus, tahitian sunset, wedding bouquet- blooms like crazy all year, Miami red. Pretty cool trees, just dont get the sap on you.
Ross R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

cuttings...sweet!

Brian

BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

very nice Dereck. My wife is sitting here beside me working on the laptop and saw your plumerias and wants to know why ours aren't doing that well. Ours still haven't bloomed this year. We've had them for several years. Whachu feedin them things?
phlatsphil is offline   Reply With Quote