TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > TribeNwater Fishing Stories > Blue Water Stories

Blue Water Stories Thread, Tilefishing - Port Canaveral, Florida in TribeNwater Fishing Stories; i think variety and the unexpected is what i enjoy the best about fishing. on a recent fishing trip aboard ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2007, 08:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
L I V I N - Livin

Tilefishing - Port Canaveral, Florida

i think variety and the unexpected is what i enjoy the best about fishing.

on a recent fishing trip aboard my friend mack's sabalo the "priorities" we had planned to chase swordfish off port canaveral, florida. the crew consisted of myself, my dad and another good friend larry.

well... a full night of drifting did not produce our targeted species although miniature sailfish and dolphin highlighted the evenings experience. the hydroglow light stayed alive with houndfish, flying fish and mini other critters of all sizes and shapes.

as morning came we put up the sword tackle and broke out the electric reels. a quick run inshore and we were in tilefish territory... the crew was revitalized after our long sleepless night.

we dropped our squid baited rigs 700 feet below and the golden tilefish were hungry.

a few seconds in the mud and the rod tip would report back with tap tap... most of our fish were caught on the bottom hook.

my experience deep dropping has been in the bahamas and mexico fishing for snapper and grouper so this was a welcomed new species.

for me marking a new species off the list always enhances any fishing trip.

golden tilefish has become a new favorite dish. the meat is very white, mild and flakey.

BoldWater is offline   Reply With Quote