TribeNwater  

Go Back   TribeNwater > TribeNwater Fishing Stories > Blue Water Stories

Blue Water Stories Thread, No fishies.... in TribeNwater Fishing Stories; Got a call from my buddy around 11:30 today (2/7/07) about going fishing and since there was no business, off ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2007, 05:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

No fishies....

Got a call from my buddy around 11:30 today (2/7/07) about going fishing and since there was no business, off we went.

Grabbed some shrimp and planned to fish for trips on the buoys and then run out and look for cobes if water was right.

So, we got all setup headed out and hit the mouth about 1, crystal clear water at the mouth of the port and couldn't pass up the chance to site fish sheepies on the N.Jetty! We got 6-7, one 6#+ that broke off at the boat, and one 17" blackdrum. Decided to work the buoys next, nothing doing there so off to 8a we go. Nothing but grunts for bait, so drifting was the only option. Tossed out 3 lines and one went off right away, no dice, never even felt the hook. Bait was fine, just a few scales missing, think it was a bonehead. Next we ran to Damocles, nothing there except cudas, and the same held true for the Lead... With several nice baits in the well (wrecks are LOADED) we headed to busted up portion of the tiger red wreck, I got one good hit, but couldn't get him hooked up. Headed in at 5:15pm...

Ocean was beautiful, water was clean most places down to 40' or so. Water temp was 65* out to the end of the buoy line, then it was around 72* at the wrecks and 8a.
fins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 05:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
L I V I N - Livin

nice jimmy... on the sight feshing sheepies. pretty cool. could you see any reds or snook?

did you hear of any cobia?

surpried you didn't get a chicken or two on the wrecks?
BoldWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 05:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

The only thing I saw on the bottom was a few pomps cruising the surf on the north side. They didn't have yellow tails so I'm pretty sure they weren't jacks.

Didn't hear of any cobes, had the radio kinda loud to hear the VHF...

We tried the southern chunk of tiger red (it's busted into few a pieces, but I have 3 large portions marked) on the way in, I lost a smaller pinner, but the hit might have been from a seabass. Other than that, we were slow trolling in hopes of a king after last week.
fins is offline   Reply With Quote